Sunday, August 30, 2015

Miss You, Meow

I have one more card for CAS(E) this Sketch!

The rectangle in the sketch over at CTS can be a frame or a window. That was the idea of this card.
A frame which shows a picture of the beloved. And the one who is missing her stares at the picture.

For the frame I masked off a square on the card base, stamped a cat from DoCrafts Little Meow stamp set and masked the cat using masking fluid. I colored the background using distress inks. After rubbed off the masking fluid I added some silver shade on the cat. I made a cutting file for the frame and cut it out of a brown cardstock with my Cricut. I drew woodgrain pattern on the frame with brown pen. In order to imitate glass I adhered a acetate sheet under the frame. The frame was glued on the picture of the white cat. I drew lines to give a look of the frame hanging on the wall.
The poor tabby cat is from Newton's Nook. I stamped the cat with embossing ink and heat embossed in sand. I then colored the cat using Inktense pencils.
It was very hard to find an appropriate place for the sentiment. At the end I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches under the frame and drew a paw print.

Here is today's card.



I'm entering this card into these challenges.

Addicted to Stamps and More: #159: Clean and Simple
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes (already fifth entry and the last one :))


Thank you for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love both kitties, and love the way you placed the image and sentiment. Gorgeous one layer creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 너무 귀여워요^^
    액자속에 있는 고양이를 바라보며 그리워하는 듯한 느낌이 잘 표현되었네요^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 감사합니다^^ 그런데 수채 색칠이 엉망이에요ㅠㅠ...

      Delete
  3. AWE!! This is about as sweet as can be!! I adore your coloring and great design! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that tilted picture frame! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely darling card! Such a fun CAS design, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how sweet!! Such an adorable card! Love those images!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable little scene and a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for being picked as this week's winner at Case this sketch!
    Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so darling, TaeEun. No wonder it won the challenge at CTS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!