Saturday, August 29, 2015

Sending happy Thoughts

I made another card for the CASology (Cue word: PLAID), this time combined with the sketch of the CAS(E) this Sketch. The sketch over there has a rectangle as a main element. And I thought it could be perfect for a plaid pattern.

I masked off a square on my card base, stamped the plaid pattern using some Border stamps in Butter Bar, Lemon Yellow, Mint Julep, Lime Green and Tide Pool.  I wanted to decorate the plaid with beads. So I made some beaded strings using yellow, blue and green beads. I made some knots between the beads, so they can stay spread over the plaid nicely. I then cut a square out of a white panel with my Cricut. After I aligned the square window along the line of the plaid pattern, I cut the panel in A2 size. I adhered foam tape on the card base, the beaded strings on the foam tape and lastly the white panel. 
For the sentiment I chose a transparent sheet, because I didn't want to cover the plaid square. I stamped the sentiment with Staz on black ink on the acetate, cut it and adhered it with a transparent foam tape on the card after some back and forth thinking (staple, brad .... ).
I added a small silver flower to "hide" the foam tape. Lastly I punched a small branch and adhered it under the flower.

This is the card.  It makes sounds like a shaker card :).






I am playing along at these challenges.

CASology: Week 161: PLAID
Addicted to Stamps and More: #159: Clean and Simple
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes


Thank you for visiting! 

11 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! Love how beautiful and creative those strung beads are behind the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those beads add amazing detail to your lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make cards that just put a smile on my face ,,, Stunning!... Thanks for joining Casology and Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the addition of the beads, and the sentiment on acetate is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and so creative, TaeEun. Stringing the beads like that really accents the plaid and the acetate sentiment was a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing this lovely with us at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey TaeEun!! Nice to see another creation of yours!! Once again super creative. I love how you added the beads on the the plaid. Nicely done.Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 깔끔하면서도 재미있게 구성을 잘 하셨네요.
    너무 이뻐요^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your plaid stamping is gorgeous in those colours and perfectly done. I've never seen beads added to a card like that, its so clever and has a great effect. Its a fantastic idea!! Such an incredible card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello! super FAB CAS design...I luv this...sweet elements! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous take on the sketch! I love the beads you added!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cool card...I love how you added the beads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!