Sunday, August 23, 2015

You are my No.1!

Today's card will be the second entry at CASology.

I wanted to make a card with number which is not a birthday card. I thought "You are my No.1" would be a good one.

At first I colored a white cardstock in various blue tone with prismacolor colored pencils. I cut the colored panel twice with a die from Spellbinders which should show waves in the ocean.  And I made a cutting file for the whale's spout which looks like No 1.  I cut the whale's spout out of the same panel. I searched for an image of a whale on the internet and found one. I printed it, colored with colored pencils, fussy cut and clear heat embossed. I assembled all the elements as the picture shows. I added glossy accents on No 1.  The sentiment is stamped with an alphabet stamp. I am not happy with the sentiment. It would have been better to do by handwriting.
Here is the card,





This card is for CASology week 160: NUMBER.
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, I think the number 1 looks fantastic as part of the whale's spout, love the colours too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and clever card. Love how you've made a cutting file for the spout. The glossy accents works really well and just love the layout, the idea and the sentiment of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN!!! Look at this makes me smile! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!