Friday, September 18, 2015

Birthday in Autumn

Today's card is a birthday card.
Some of my relatives including my husband have their birthday in October. I thought it's time for me to make some birthday cards for them.

I took the sketch from this week's CAS(E) this Sketch and the code word "Leaves" at Addicted to CAS to make this card.

To start off I stamped leaves from the Scattering Leaves stamp set by Hero Arts on a watercolor paper using Distress inks and some spray of pearlized water. After it was dried out I cut the panel with my Cricut in form of a stretched poundkey. (I made a cutting file for the main element (rounded square) of the sketch. I wanted to stretch it over the entire card, so I made a shape of a stretched poundkey.) I cut another white card stock in the same shape. I then mounted the watercolor paper panel on a white card base. The stretched poundkey shape was layered for some dimension.
The sentiment from Hero Arts was stamped, gold heat embossed on a green card stock, die cut with a banner die from Spellbinders and adhered with a foam tape on the card. I added dots using Liquid Pearls to finish off my card.






Challenges:




Thank you for visiting!
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Your leaves are wonderful, so realistic! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card. This is the first time I've seen the stretched pound key technique. Thanks for the how to and thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card in every way! Love your colours and the composition with the stretched pound key is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and amazing design with your cut shapes to add dimension to your one layer stamped card. Love the pretty mix of leaf stamps and colours. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 너무 멋스러운 단풍 카드네요!!
    컬러와 구성이 너무 멋져요!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so cool! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and cool take on the sketch! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!