Saturday, September 19, 2015

Umbrella

This is the second card for CASology: Umbrella.

I used to be wondering why most of umbrellas on the market are dark coloured. Of course nowadays there are bright and delightful umbrellas. But I wanted to address this question I had when I was young.

To start off I stamped umbrellas from April Showers stamp set by Penny Black using masking technique, so that it looks like a street scene on a rainy day. The umbrellas was stamped in black and clear heat embossed. I then colored the umbrellas using watercolor brush pens, one with bright coloured flowers and the others in darker colours. I added Glossy accents on the bright umbrella.The raindrops were stamped in light blue and got glossy accents.  The sentiment from Inkadinkado was stamped on a light blue panel. I mounted the light blut panel popped up on the card.





Challenges:
CASology #164: Umbrella
Addicted to Stamps #162: Make Your Mark




Thank you for Stopping by!
Have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

  1. I love that one bright and happy umbrella between the others! Great take on the Cue card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey TaeEun!! Totally awesome card. I love all of those umbrellas. The sentiment is awesome too. Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely design and such lovely bright and happy colours.

    Many thanks for sharing a second card with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks fabulous and I love all those cute umbrellas:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as sweet as can be! LOve your design - fabulous arrangement!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this is absolutely adorable! I agree, I always wondered why umbrellas were so dark in years past...nice to see there are so many happy, cheerful, patterned umbrellas available now! Yours are all so sweet...especially that flowered pattern umbrella! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and lovely colours, fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more.

    If you are interested Mervi’s Candy & Challenge is going on at my blog till the end of September;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and fun card! I love the umbrellas picking out and that original sentiment! Thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 살짝 보이는 우산들 너무 이뻐요!
    저와 같은 스탬프 가지고 계시네요^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool idea with these umbrellas! Thank you for joining us at ATSM blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your choice of image, beautiful details and the design too, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW, I love how you have "sandwiched" the umbrellas !! Cool idea!
    Thank you for your nice comment!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!