Saturday, October 31, 2015

Christmas in pink

Current Time Out Challenge wants us to make some Christmas cards with the optional twist of "use pink and/or purple". As I saw the theme I thought it could be interesting to try it.
I have a big delicate snowflake stamp from Hero Arts, which I haven't used yet.
I wanted to make a christmas card in pink using this beautiful snowflake. But It became two out of the idea.

This is my first card.


I started off by stamping the snowflake using embossing ink on a watercolor paper and then heat embossed it in silver. I then colored the snowflake using Distress inks in pink and purple shade. The fussy cut snowflake was glued slightly offset on the card base on which I placed a silver shimmer CS which was cut using Distressed edges die from Spellbinders. I die cut the sentiment from Hero Arts from a foiled silver CS. It was stacked and glued on the card.

I was not happy with the color of the snowflake on the first card. So I tried again and this time I colored certain areas of the snowflake using Akashiya sai brush pens. I think in that way you can see the detail of the stamped image better.
I trimmed the edges of the panel and mounted it popped up on the card base on which I glued a panel out of a striped silver glitter CS.
The Sentiment from Hero Arts was stamped and silver heat embossed on a vellum.




Challenges:




Thanks for visiting today! 



9 comments:

  1. Such beautiful Christmas cards, love all the lovely colours you have used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What luscious snowflakes, TaeEun - love the unusual colors mixed with the silver! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards TaeEun, both are amazing and love the designs. I think you rocked the colours and really like the added touch of vellum in the second. Such Christmas sparkle! Great to see you at TO again x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loving the both cards and the pink is fabulous with the silver and white. So delicate and so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous rendition of a pink/purple Christmas! Love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Christmas cards in Pink and metallic, they look fantastic. And thank you for your nice comment on my win at LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow TaeEun, that snowflake stamp is simply magnificient!!! I really love both of your cards, amazing how different they are. The stamp looks so good in silver and love how you highlighted different sections in the second card. So lovely to see you at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!