Friday, October 30, 2015

Heart shaker card

I've made a heart shaker christmas card with two challenges in mind.
The CASology's cue word this week is Heart and The Addicted to Stamps and More has the Holiday theme at current challenge.
I chose blue shade so that the card can give wintery feel. 
And I used Fuse tool to make the shaker pocket.


I started out by cutting the card base with a heart window with my Cricut.  I also cut a frame in shape of a heart from a watercolor paper which I colored in light blue. I then cut a small heart as a template for the shaker pocket.
The card base was stamped with chevron background stamp from Heidi Swapp and heat embossed using Diamond Sparkle EP.


For the pocket I used a page protector. The pocket was filled with some sequins and glitters in blue and teal. I stitched through the heart with blue thread by hand and thereaded some blue beads. 
The shaker pocket was mounted between the window and the frame only top and bottom. 

I wanted the sentiment to peek through the window. So I stamped it inside of the card.
The sentiment from Stampendous was stamped in purple and then once again in blue but only some part of it (YAY to Misti tool:)).
  



Challenges:



Thank you for stopping by! 
Happy crafting! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, how pretty this is! I love the blue sequins paired with the white card, and the sentiment inside is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever. Loving the idea, the colours and what a different kind of shaker card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shaker pocket is so cool and I love the beads. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow... as always your design just shines so beautiful!
    Thanks for joining Casology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love the heart, the shaker part is beautiful, thanks for playing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!