Friday, October 30, 2015

Thanks

Since I've got the Misti tool, there was a thing which I absolutely want to try to do with it.
Coloring an image using colored pencils and then heat embossing it!
Because the pencil scratches the embossing off, it was very hard to color an heat embossed image using colored pencils.

So finally I could make a card featuring a bouquet of tulip which I colored at first and then white heat embossed with the help of Misti Tool.

I chose a kraft CS as my card base. I stamped the tulip bouquet from Penny Black in Desert Sand and colored it using Prismacolor colored pencils. I then stamped the same image with embossing ink and white heat embossed it.  For the vase I used a piece of pattern paper (Paper piecing is the theme at the Happy Little Stampers October CAS Challenge).
I then flicked some white inks after I covered the image with a piece of scrap paper.
I actually regret that action...
The sentiment is from Cricut online store.



Here is the close up where you can see my white fingerprints :)....


Challenges:




Thank you for visiting! 
Have a great weekend! 


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful bouquet of tulips TaeEun! Love your paper pieced vase. And I really like the white splatters. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the splatter are great. And your tulip colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bouquet .... I really love the white embossing and I think the splatters look fab! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! what a fabulous idea to stamp, color the image and then, heat emboss it!! Thank you so much for sharing this tip TaeEun, this will save me a lot of aggravation when the embossing powder crumbles when using my pencils. Thank goodness for the MISTI, this would be nearly impossible any other way.
    Your card is stunning, love the white splatters, it has a very water colored feel.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.
    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome use of the misti! I am still trying to avoid that purchase ;) beautiful card!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea and fabulous results! I'm definitely going to try that with my MISTI. THanks for the inspiration and for joining us at HLS!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card. I love colouring on Kraft, wish I could do it myself. I have tried but it hurts my hands too much. The image you used is just beautiful and the paper piecing a perfect finish. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and colors. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and colors. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!