Thursday, November 26, 2015

Altenew November Challenge #2

This is the second card for the Altenew November Challenge.

I used the Oriental Orchid stamp set, which my very talented crafty friend May has designed for Altenew.


I wanted to give this card a water color look. So I inked the solid flower image first using Abandoned Coral and Spun Sugar Distress inks and stamped it on a water color CS after I sprayed some pearlized water onto the stamp. I then stamped the detail images in navy and then the outlines in light orange. After I masked the flowers I stamped the stem in navy. The leaves were also stamped using Distress inks and some splatter of water.
The Sentiment is from the same stamp set. I stamped it in navy and again using embossing ink to clear heat emboss it for more crisp details.  To finish off my card I added some gold dots around the orchid.

Challenges:




Thanks for visiting!
Happy Thanksgiving! 



5 comments:

  1. hello! such an amazing card, very striking color against the white...super! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the effects of your technique...Stunning work! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous stamp and your colouring is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so beautiful! Thank you so much for participating in Altenew November Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!