Friday, November 6, 2015

Birthday card

Today I have a birthday card. This is for my sister, who has the birthday in the first week of december. Yes, it is a little bit early but I should calculate the shipping time to south korea:).
As I read about the Share Handmade Kindness Challenge Week1 by Jennifer Mcguire who suggested to make and give something to a friend of family member, I decided to make a birthday card for my sister.

I was inspired by Hannelie's beautiful DT card over at CASology 171 with the cue word "Vehicle" this week.



I've made a cutting file for the bicycle using the font Webdings (b is a bicycle) as the start point.  I cut the bicycle from a silver foiled CS. I chose a blue CS as the background for the bicycle. Before I glued the bicycle on it I drew a line by hand showing the ground using a silver colored pencil and stamped a bouquet of hearts from Inkadinkado with embossing ink and heat embossed it in bright pastel colors.
I wrote the sentiment using Emboss It pen from Ranger and heat embossed it with Liquid Platinum EP.
The sentiment in korean means of course "Happy Birthday":).
I mounted the panel on a card base, the edges of which I blended using some Distress inks.
I added some pink and purple sequins to finish off.

I'm entering this card also into Seize the Birthday Challenge (Anything Goes) and Addicted to Stamps and More #169 (Clean and Simple).



Thanks for visiting! 


7 comments:

  1. Love your bicycle and all those flowers. Brilliant to have a Korean sentiment trailing along like you have. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology and happy birthday to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to know that I was able to inspire you TaeEun! You made a beautiful card... I also LOVE exploring the dingbat fonts. Fabulous free cutting files! Your sister is one lucky lady to receive this beautiful card!
    Hugs to you and thanks for playing at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hearts cascading up from the back of the bike! Fabulous card TaeEun! Hannelie is pretty amazing isn't she! So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bicycle is just too sweet. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! It is wonderful how bloggers inspire each other and value creative ideas. Thank you for joining us at ATSM. Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello TaeEun! I am visiting after you kindly left a comment on my entry at Less is More this week and I love your work! You have such a delicate touch to your cards, a beautiful CAS style, and that certain something else that makes your cards very special. You may have been looking for inspiration in bogland, but you have a lot to offer to others too - welcome! I love that the world becomes closer through sharing our passion for card making - from Australia, to Korea, USA, UK, Europe, Africa - all over! I also follow Jennifer Mcguire and am trying to send out more of my cards, rather than stashing them up in a box-:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Love the basket of hearts. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!