Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Let it snow

Today I have a winter card to share with you which I made with two challenges in mind.
I took the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch (#147)  for the layout.


I started off by stamping the cat and two birds from Penny Black in desert sand using Misti tool, colored the images with Prismacolor colored pencils. I then stamped the same image with black pigment ink and clear heat embossed.
Paper piecing is the theme at Less is More Challenge (#248). So I searched for some pattern papers for ear warmer, scarf and the body of the birds and paper pieced them.
For the background I blended some Distress inks in blue shade and stenciled snowfall using embossing paste.
The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I wanted to make the card look natural so I cut a twig from brown CS and stamped the sentiment on it and heat embossed it in silver.

I'm entering this card also into SimonSaysStamps Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes).




Thanks for visiting today!
Wishing you a great start of November!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is adorable! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and adorable little scene. swooning here and loving the mini paper pieced elements.
    Great work TaeEun and thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lil cat is so sweet! Cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lil cat is so sweet! Cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute kitty with perfectly paper pieced earmuffs!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely little scene and great paper piecing on the birds and cat's accessories.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really sweet card with super paper piecing Tae-Eun
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!