Saturday, December 12, 2015

Christmas cards #1

Today I have four cards (two pairs) to share with you.  I will show them on two posts.

The first pair was made with the cue word: Tree from CASology this week.


I had some delicate trees, which I've cut using the Swirl Tree from Cricut online store with my Cricut.
I used a tree here as a mask and splattered some water color in green shades using an old sieve and a toothbrush. These tools make beautiful misty background.
I took another tree, heat embossed it using Gold Tinsel EP and adhered it slightly offset to the masked tree.
The frame of the front panel was made using Spellbinders die from a silver shimmer CS. For the sentiment I am using here the Mixed Christmas Sentiments from Happy Little Stampers which was stamped in gold at first and then shifted in green again. The christmas tree was decorated with some rhinestones.


This card features the tree I used as the mask for the first card. I stamped brushstrokes from Stampin'Up in gold and bronze and adhered the tree on the card base. The sentiment from JustRite was stamped using black pigment ink and heat embossed with Gold Tinsel EP. I added a green star sequin on the top of the tree.


Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a great day! 


9 comments:

  1. What a stunning CAS design!! Really love that tree image!! Thanks for sharing this with us over at ATSM!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous, TaeEun, but I especially love the second one with the brushstrokes behind it. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love these swirly trees, TaeEun! Such pretty effects on both cards...very graphic and cool! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What elegant and lovely cards you've made! And it was so fun to see how different each card was. I love them both and thought your use of the swirly tree was just perfect with the background elements you chose. I also really like the little bits of bling you added to reflect all that sparkly shiny things to love about this time of year! Excellent work on these and I'm so glad you shared them with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. du hast sehr schoene Background gezaubert Tae Eun
    you rock with your xmas card
    love them both
    So glad you decided to join us at ATSM this week
    big hugs,
    Monika (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two really beautiful cards, TaeEun! I love this swirly tree, and how you created a different background for each card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey TaeEun!! You did a fantastic job on both of your cards. My favorite one is the second one. I love the colors you used. Non traditional and that works for me. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous CAS designs, TeaEun! Love that tree too, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!