Sunday, January 24, 2016

CASEing Marika #2

Hello everyone!
As I said on the previous post, I've made a card with Marika's coloring technique, after I watched her video several times.
I only hope I did justice to Marika's card.



To start off I stamped the outline images of the orchids from Oriental Orchid stamp set by Altenew. Here I used third generation of the inking of London fog Memento ink. I colored them using cool grey Copic markers and added details using cool grey Polychromos colored pencils. I then cut the image completely with a craft knife. For the background I blended Crushed olive, Seedless preserves and Shaded lilac Distress inks on the left part of the card base.
And I blended Shaded lilac on a side edge of a white card stock masking a stripe, trimmed this panel and mounted it to the right of the card base. I then glued the stem of the orchid flat and the flowers using foam tape on the front panel. I made a horizontal stripe in lilac and stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set on it in black and clear heat embossed it. Of course I forgot to apply the anti-static powder, so the clear EP was all over the stripe. As the stripe was already glued on the card, I had to leave the clear dots...
To finish off the card I added some sequins.

Here is Marika's gorgeous creation.



Challenges:


Thank you all for stopping by! 
Have a good start into a new week! 


12 comments:

  1. well i think you did it more than justice - absolutely gorgeous - looks like a winner to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly coloured this to perfection. I love the tiny details of your colouring and fabulous sponging. This is an amazing CASE. Thanks for joining TO, we love to see your cards x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropped in from the Time Out blog to say, "Why haven't I been here before now???". Don't know how I missed your incredible cards, but I won't miss another. You, my dear, have amazing coloring skills and a terrific eye for design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning colouring, TaeEun ... such beautiful blooms, gorgeous with the soft sponging in the background! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh TaeEun, this is another stunning CASE of Marika's card, just gorgeous!!! I love the sponging on the bottom of the flowers and how you changed it on the top.
    Thank you for sharing another beautiful card.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've captured Marika's card perfectly, TaeEun. It is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did Marika's colouring right; this looks so real! The little bit of yellow gives a beautiful depth on your card! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an elegant beauty! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at STSM. Please join us again soon. Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I've really fallen behind in my visits...You certainly have done justice to Marika's card, TaeEun! The details on your blooms is just amazing, and I love, love the color palette! Such a stunning card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning, and your coloring is as spectactular as Marika's. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!