Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Neutrals

Today I have a card to share with you which I made for the current Less is More Challenge.
The first colour challenge of this year over at LIM is all about Neutrals. 

I wanted to try again with colored pencils. In black and white colored flowers were an idea, that has been in my mind for a long time. And the colour theme at LIM gave me a good reason to execute it finally.  


The roses are from the Merci Beaucoup stamp set from Clearly Besotted. I stamped it in silver on a dark grey CS and colored it using Polychromos colored pencils. I chose a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp, stamped it using white pigment ink and clear heat embossed it. The little butterfly was stamped partly in white and partly in silver.
To finish off this card I added two rhinestones and scored two border lines. 

I want to link up this card also at CASology. This week's cue word over there is SIMPLE. I think (and hope) the monochromatic style of this card could fit in this theme.  

Challenges:



Thank you for visiting my blog! 
Have a wonderful day! 




19 comments:

  1. Lovely card, great how you have enhanced the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card TaeEun, this rose done with pencils is stunning. It totally fits the theme on both challenges.
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TaeEun so beautiful, this is a technique I would love to try too. You have achieved perfectly, every element.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing effect! Beautiful, simple but stunning. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Absolutely exquisite TaeEun! Fantastic colouring, awesome use of pencils and neutrals.
    Just brilliant and thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little late with my visit this time!
    This is is stunning TaeEun, the dimension you have created with your colouring is astonishing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!
    This is amazing TaeEun, your shading is just perfection!
    Thank you so much for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow and Wow again! I'm so glad our challenge encouraged you to put your idea into action. What a stunning result with your pencils, and a great stamp choice to try it with too. Love this.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jaw dropping ! I am speechless :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deepti took the words right out of my mouth... Your coloring is AMAZING!
    Thanks for playing at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey TaeEun!! Your card is totally amazing. I love the chalk whiting on your black cardstock. So pretty!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, TaeEun...this is absolutely stunning! You chose the perfect images, and colored them flawlessly! I love the delicate flower and leaves, and the color contrast is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my...this is too beautiful! The rose looks fabulous...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is an absolute stunner! The way you've shaded and coloured that rose is just amazing. You're a well-deserved winner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just WOW!! you've acheived such a dimensional look with your shading
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!