Friday, January 22, 2016

Purple roses

Hopefully you're having a great week so far.
In today's card I am CASEing two very talented card designers, Marika Rahtu from Me and Minime Crafting and Kelly Latevola from You and Your Big Dreams.

The theme of the latest Time Out challenge is CASEing Marika with your own twist.
I always adore Marika's amazing coloring. Especially when she uses Copics and colored pencils together, I fall in love with her card again and again.
But for this card I am not using Marika's coloring technique. (I will try it on my next project :). )
As I watched Kelly's video on her blog, where she was CASEing Anita (in France), I thought I should try that coloring technique soon. So I followed Kelly's tutorial to make this card.


I took a black CS and stamped the second layer of the rose and branch from Vintage Flowers stamp set by Altenew using white pigment ink. I then colored the images with my Prismacolor pencils. I chose purple for the roses like the background color of Marika's card.  I cut a vertical strip out from the left part to mimic Marika's card. The sentiment from Altenew was stamped and white heat embossed. I added a glitter pattern paper on the card base and mounted the black panel using 3D foam.
To finish off the card I added some sequins.

This is the beautiful card of Marika!



Challenges:



I want to say special THANK YOU! to Marika and Kelly for the inspiration :). 

Thank you for visiting today! 
Have a restful weekend! 

19 comments:

  1. Wow! This is stunning!! Love that you used coloured pencils, amazing colouring. Your design and use of colours is so striking... my jaw hit the floor when I saw the thumpnail at Time Out! Thanks for taking the time to CASE my card. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just gorgeous - the black background and that bit of gold stripe is perfect accent for your lovely flowers!!! looks like a winner to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Stunning! The colors Purple and black are so sharp together and your technique is beautiful. Thank you for playing at Addicted To Stamps and More.
    Julie C DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh, I love that wonderful coloring of those pretty blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. Love you used the black base and wonderful colouring. Thanks for joining TO and Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so gorgeous, TaeEun ... love how those beautifully coloured blooms really pop against the black ... just stunning! So delighted you were inspired by Kelly's case of my cards ... and that you played along with us at Time Out with this beauty! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tae Eun
    hi wie geht es dir
    ich bin gerade zueruck von Indonesien
    dort kann man nicht blogging
    also nun bin ich wieder in Muenchen und sehe deine Karte
    wooowww ich liebe deine Koloration
    soo adorable and so magic the combo of black and purple
    I love your card this is wonderfull
    many thanks for joining us at ATSM this week
    see you again maybe at next week
    hugs,
    Monika (ATSM DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning. I must check out that video. Your flowers are beautiful, and I like the cut you made and the glitter paper peeking out. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Tae Eun: What a magnificent CASE of Marika's card, I love the elegance of the black background for your lovely bouquet of purple flowers, simply beautiful.
    Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog for this challenge, I appreciate it so very much.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! I watched that video too and would love to try this. You did a wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. your colouring is awesome!!!! And your card too!!!! And oh, kann ich hier etwa auch deutsch schreiben? Also, ich finds toll dass du es mit einer Marika-Karte aufgenommen hast :-) Und du hast dich toll geschlagen!!!! Das Ergebnis ist wuuundervoll!!!!!!! Und vielen dnak, dass du bei unserer Stempelküche-Challenge mitmachst :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you join us with such a beautifully coloured card! The black makes the elegant flower pop up so beautiful! Your colouring is spot on! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Your flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another really gorgeous take on Marika's card, TaeEun! I love how you colored the blooms, and how striking the purple is against the black background! You really nailed it with this beauty, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your take on Marika's card is out of this world, TaeEun. So gorgeous with the twist of a black background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, soooo great colors and lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Stempelküche-challenge.Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on winning TO again. See blog if you want to be our Gd, we loved your card x

    ReplyDelete
  18. i told you so - it was a winner - congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!