Monday, January 25, 2016

RED....

Hello!
Today I have a birthday card in red to share with you.
As I saw the code word over at Addicted to CAS, which is RED this time, I did know right away what I want to make. (It never happened before!)
And I am very happy with how this turned out.


I started by blending Fired brick, Barn door and Festive berries DI on a white CS making a ombre toward a white corner on which I sponged white pigment ink. I then made a bokeh background using circle stencils and white pigment ink. I trimmed the panel, drew white frame and mounted it on a white card base.
On a vellum white heat embossed images are from Beautiful Day stamp set by Altenew. I took the outline stamps for the big flower and the branches.  For the branches I heat embossed the solid images as well  to overlay it with outline images after fussy-cutting. I glued the flower and branches flat on the front panel and added a pearl to the center of the flower.
The sentiment is also from the same stamp set. I stamped it on a black banner and white heat embossed.

Challenges:



Thank you for stopping by! 
Happy crafting! 

12 comments:

  1. With that card even the worst day will turn beautiful! Swoon.....fabulous....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply gorgeous - and isn't it great when a card comes together so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magnificant card TaeEau, so eye catching, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just a stunning card....love the look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the way you made your background. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my godness, your card is adorable!!!!! Really!! Looove this background, and the white-black-combination, soooo pretty!!! Thank you so much for sharing your card at our Stempelküche-Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous TaeEun, that beautifully done red background with the Bokeh technique is stunning. The lovely vellum flower embossed in white looks spectacular.
    What a beautiful card, thank you so much for sharing.

    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply gorgeous TaeEun, that beautifully done red background with the Bokeh technique is stunning. The lovely vellum flower embossed in white looks spectacular.
    What a beautiful card, thank you so much for sharing.

    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Bokeh background, TaeEun! I love how you created the ombre effect with your inks, and your vellum flower is just beautiful! Another really stunning card...WOW!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfection! What a wonderful display of red. Your choice of flower was perfect. And the minimal bokeh is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Red is my favorite color and the inking on your card makes my heart sing. That flower is gorgeous and the bokeh accents on the background pull it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so lovely and elegant! Thanks for joining us at Stempelküche-challenge. Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!