Sunday, January 17, 2016

Wish Big!

Hello, I hope your weekend is going well so far!
Today's card features my first try to make a "smooshed" background :).
I followed Kristina Werner's video tutorial and used a small acetate sheet to apply the colors on some watercolor paper. I used Distress inks.


I can't say I'm happy with that background. I need more practice, if it helps...
The flowers are from the Bohemian Garden stamp from Essentials by Ellen.  I stamped them and silver heat embossed on a vellum and fussy cut them.
The watercolor paper panel was mounted slightly rotated on a green card base. The sentiment from My favorite things was stamped using black Memento ink. I glued the flowers and leaves flat in their position, only the big flower was adhered using clear foam. Lastly I added some sparkle using Wink of Stella and clear sequins.



Challenges:


Thank you for visiting today! 
Wishing you a good start into the new week! 

10 comments:

  1. beautiful card - doesn't look like you need any more practice in smooshing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another jaw-drpping project from you, Tae Eun. Despite what you think, your smooshed background is a success in my eyes. the silver adds to the elegance of this card. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely TaeEun! A clever design! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you rocked the background and fab how you kept the flower in vellum so we can see it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the vellum picks up the colors from the background. This is gorgeous, TaeEun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so pretty and that shimmer from the wink of stella is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fantastic card! Love those smooshed colors. I can't believe it's the first time you tried doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your smooshing makes a sensational background for those delicate flowers, great job! Thank you for joining in at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous. Congrats on your shout out at Colour Q.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!