Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Bloom

Hello and Happy Wednesday!

Today I have a floral card to share with you.


The flower images are from the Beautiful Day Stamp set by Altenew.
I wanted to try the pencil coloring on kraft again.
To start off I stamped the big flower outline image on my kraft card base using Memento Summer sky and colored it with Prismacolor colored pencils. I then stamped the stamen only using embossing ink and heat embossed it in gold. The little flower clusters and the branchs were stamped in sand after I masked the already colored flower. I colored the little flowers in light blue with pink center. And then I added shadows in the background with a gold pencil. The leaves got some highlights in light beige. I am very happy with how it turned out.
Here is the close up.



To make the sentiment part was a mega struggle this time. Because I had the February Altenew challenge in mind I wanted to add black to the sentiment. At first I made a black strip with gold heat embossed sentiment. But it didn't look fine on the card. In the end I decided to go with the gold embossed strip and the gold heat embossed sentiment on black and vellum.  I'm still not sure whether it was a good choice or not. It might have been better simply to stamp the sentiment in black without anything.

Challenges: 



Thank you for stopping by! 
Have a great day! 

36 comments:

  1. beautiful card TaeEun - perfect for both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I visit your blog, my jaw hits the desk...and this is no exception! Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS, Tae Eun! I love how you colored the bloom with lighter areas in all the right places, and how you highlighted your leaves! Fabulous die cut sentiment, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely compliment, Barb!

      Delete
  3. Wow your coloring is amazing. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Totally gorgeous! What amazing coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TaeEun your card is just sooooo beautiful, you are so talented. The colouring wow, absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful creation, TaeEun! Love how this looks on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  8. I found this card on The Daily Marker, and just had to tell you how much I love it. Your shading and color choice is exquisite. The whole card is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment!

      Delete
  9. I totally love your card!!! It is beautiful as is your coloring of the flowers! Congrats on being featured on Kathy's blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing coloring on this Beautiful Day stamp set. I was wondering can give me some of your coloring tips to help me get better results with my Prisma pencils...Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Unfortunately I couldn't find your email or blog. Actually I'm a beginner in pencil coloring. I watched some youtube videos and learned from them:).

      Delete
  11. Such a delightful card! Fabulous colouring - I just love the leaves so much. I'll have to try the gold shadowing on my cards. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card just blew me away when I saw it - such beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw this featured on Kathy's All about You Sunday in the 30 day Coloring Challenge...it jumped right out and grabbed me! No wonder she featured it. This is beyond gorgeous! I'll be marking your blog so I can come back later and wonder around in wonder. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support!

      Delete
  14. This is beautiful! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Would you consider doing a tutorial on your color pencil coloring technique? So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way this turned out. Beautiful coloring on kraft!

    Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way this turned out. Beautiful coloring on kraft!

    Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely stunning!! Love the colouring, colours and craft! Just perfect for every detail. Thanks for joining our monthly challenge, TaeEun! Hope to see you join in the fun this month as well. Always a pleasure to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!