Friday, February 26, 2016

Sending Hugs...

Hello and welcome!
Today I have another floral card (what a surprise! :)) to share with you. But this time I colored the background mainly, not the flowers.


Lately I watched a video tutorial on Jennifer McGuire's blog and wanted to give it a try. She called it Watercolor-lifting technique.

As I had the Altenew February Inspiration Challenge in mind, I used the color palette from that challenge.

To start off I colored the background with Tombow dual brush markers on a watercolor CS, sprayed plenty of water on it and let it dry. I then stamped the images from Golden Garden stamp set by Altenew using embossing ink and heat embossed them in gold.
Then came the lifting! I applied clean water on the image using a watercolor brush and dabbed it off with a paper towel until I was happy with the result. I then colored the image with Zig brush pens. I gave a little bit of shades on the leaves. I colored the flowers using Zig pens too, but they were greenish. So I colored the bottom part of the flowers with two shades of yellow acrylic paints, so that they could cover the background color completely. I trimmed the watercolor panel in a slight angle, added some gold ink on the edge and mounted flat on a yellow card base.
The sentiment in gold on a black banner is from Beautiful day stamp set by Altenew.
Although my hubby says to me I'm sequin-addicted... I couldn't resist... :)

Challenges: 



Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. You got a beautiful result using the technique Jennifer McGuire used. I tried it and didn't have much luck. Glad to see someone got a much better result. Thanks for the inspiration. Off to practice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. another beauty - i'm hooked on flowers and sequins too so you're not alone in that department!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a beautiful result using the technique Jennifer McGuire used. I tried it and didn't have much luck. Glad to see someone got a much better result. Thanks for the inspiration. Off to practice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another really gorgeous card, Tae Eun! You did an amazing job on this technique, and I love your background! Love your gold sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, you created such a gorgeous look. Fabulous design - the gold is a lovely touch.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!