Monday, March 28, 2016

Beautiful day

Hello and welcome!

Today's card is a CASE of Marjan's card from Marjan's blog.
Over at Time Out  runs the CASE with your own twist Challenge (#52).
The beautiful card by Marjan is little further below and here is what I came up with.


As I saw Marjan's card, a windy spring scene did pop into my mind where the cherry blossoms scatter away following the wind. I was inspired by the sequins she placed through her flowers towards the top of the panel.
To start off I stamped the tree from Stampin'Up using Spectrum aqua markers and stamped the splatters in pink and purple representing scattering flower petals. The dotty border is from MFT, which I stamped using Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint DIs. I blended the same inks over the stamped dots.
For the inlaid panel I die cut the front panel with a Spellbinder die. I then stamped and gold heat embossed the sentiment from Altenew. Before I mounted the panel using foam tape I blended Peeled paint DI on the top and bottom of the card base. For the finishing touch I added some golden dots diagonal across the scene using Pico Embellisher.

Here is Marjan's beautiful card.


I would love to enter this card also into the Addicted to Stamps and More #186: Anything Goes.


I have one more card to share with you today.



This is the second version of my previous card with a Hibiscus flower.
Here I added a butterfly from Fiskars, a sentiment from Hero Arts in black (clear heat embossed) and black enamel dots on the top right corner to balance the heavy black part of the card.

Btw thank you all who voted on my post with the first Hibiscus card. I was so glad to have your precious opinion about my decision!

Thank you for visiting! I truly appreciate for your time you share with me :)!
Have a wonderful week!



8 comments:

  1. Wow! Very interesting combination of color graphics with black-and-white. Beautifully painted hibiscus flower! Championship!
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I will repeat myself: LOVE this ... yes. even more than the first Hibiscus! Your rendition of Marjan's card is fabulous, too, TaeEun - oh I can see those Cherry blossoms in my mind's eye!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are truly beautiful. TaeEun you excel in your designs. Every time I think you cannot wow me any more and along comes another design to challenge my thinking. Your hibiscus is stunning and the black and white butterfly, so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your pretty tree - thanks for sharing your creation at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful translation of Marjan's card! Your blossoming tree is incredibly pretty; the die cut, wonderful! So eye-catching! And your hibiscus...oh my! Swooning over its beauty! Thank you for sharing your creativity and artistry in the ATSM gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two really gorgeous cards, TaeEun! I love your take on Marjan's card...especially how the cherry blossom petals are blowing across the card...WOW! And, your hibiscus is absolutely stunning! I love how you colored the bloom, and how you balanced the elements with your enamel dots!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM! We LOVE seeing your beautiful creations in the gallery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your CASEing of Marjan's pretty card TaeEun and the idea of the tree and the wonderful shades of pink for the splatters representing cherry blossom works fantastically. I adore your second card with another fabulous Hibiscus flower and the black embossed flourish butterfly and sentiment stand out so well and really complement the flower. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!