Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Faux mother of pearl

Hello! Hope you are having a great week so far!

For today's card I tried the faux mother of pearl technique for the first time.
This is the technique of this month's CAS Challenge over at Happy Little Stampers.


For faux mother of pearl effect I mixed white acrylic paint with pearl pigment, as I have neither pearl acrylic paint nor the Frost white ink from Tsukineko. I then pounced it using a scrunched cling wrap on my card base.
After it dried I blended some DIs in green and blue. It looks white on the pic but it is shimmery in real life. I mounted some White Bling CS from Bazzill on the card using foam tape to make the card CAS.
The flowers are from Wild peonies stamp set from The Ton. I stamped and white heat embossed the flowers and leaves on a water color paper and colored them using Zig brush pens. I used some colors from the color palette at The Ton's color palette Challenge. After fussy cutting I arranged them as shown in the picture. The sentiment is from Oriental orchids stamp set by Altenew. I used dark blue CS for the white heat embossed sentiment.

Challenges:

 

Thank you all for stopping by! 
Have a great day! 

11 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful TaeEun and I love the pretty colours you have used in the background and then the gorgeous flowers as the focal point and wonderfully finished with the sentiment and sequins. A really elegant card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see your post popping up in my email I get excited - another stunning beauty - looks like a winner to me!!! Swooning of the coloring of those peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your faux mother of pearl effect is gorgeous, TaeEun! I love how you watercolored these beautiful flowers, too! Another stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning TaeEun! Love the colour choices and the small panel showing the faux mother of pearl! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, TaeEun! Love the effect on the panel and colors coordination. Thank you for playing alone at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, TaeEun ... those wonderfully coloured watercolour blooms are fantastic against the shimmery faux MoP panel! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What an amazing and beautiful card! I love and a beautiful backdrop and wonderful flowers. You you created a very beautiful, perfect card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers
    hugs,
    BozenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card. Gorgeous faux MOP and beautifully CAS. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!