Thursday, March 10, 2016

heartfelt THANKS

I have another card today to share with you.
This was made with the Less is More challenge in mind.
Over at Less is More runs a color challenge and the color of this month is CITRUS.



This yellow rose was sketched free-hand and colored with Prismacolor pencils. I chose a yellow card stock, as I wanted to try tone in tone coloring :). To draw the rose was indeed easier, as I have already the yellow color on the rose. But I had hard time drawing shadows. The grey I used was too bright against the yellow base and it looks white on the pic. This rose is actually on a table. Without appropriate shadows it is hard to see it. Maybe Copic markers would have worked better for shadow here.

I thought the panel is too yellow. So I sponged white pigment ink on the upper part of the panel, scored two lines in right angle for some interest and mounted it flat on the card base. The gold heat embossed sentiment is from Penny Black.
Lastly I added a thin yellow strip on top of the card. The three rhinestones were the final touch.

Challenges:

 

Wishing you all a fabulous day! 
Thank you! 


17 comments:

  1. You drew this yourself?! WOW! Such talent! It looks absolutely amazing. The whole card is gorgeous - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I would love to be able to draw like that. I really like all the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow stunning artwork....you are so clever, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, simply amazing beautiful work. Thank your for sharing at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TaeEun you are too critical of your card, it is beautiful and eye catching. You show the rose up perfectly, so talented to draw it yourself and colour so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no need for you to worry about shadows or tone or anything else! This card is gorgeous! What a beautiful hand-drawn rose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - frame-worthy! Yellow roses are my favorite, and my mom's, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! TaeEun, You drew that?? I am in an awe! its so pretty, and the coloring is equally good. What a great card, your card caught my eye at LIm, and had to come for a closer look, so glad I came over here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Tae Eun and the background yellow works perfectly, especially as you lightened the top half, and love the embossed lines which look great. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is absolutely stunning TaeEun! You drew this??? Hey you are one super duper talented lady. Simply perfect for our challenge and simply perfect as a card. Thanks for sharing and playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, such an amazing drawing, such a gorgeous card. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning. You are a true artist, to be able to draw that rose free hand. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have a wonderful talent, this is amazing! Great idea to tone the base down with some white ink too.
    Thanks for sharing at Less is More and ATSM, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic drawing skills again TaeEun, gorgeous and detailed.
    Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think any is looking at anything else on the card but that gorgeous rose, TaeEun. And hand drawn. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry, it looks like I missed visiting you last week!
    This is amazing... what a talented lady!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing that you hand sketched the rose. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!