Sunday, March 20, 2016

Heartfelt Thanks

Hello everyone! 
Are you having a restful weekend so far? 

I want to show you a card I made which is featuring a lavender rose. Purple is not my favorite color, and rose not my favorite flower but I like roses in soft purple :). 

A couple of days ago I drew this purple rose using Polychromos colored pencils, but had no idea how I can involve this in a card. 
Actually I drew some shade in grey around the image, which I didn't like in the end. 
So the drawing was lying on my tabel for days. 
Today I cut  the rose out and made a bokeh background for it. 


For the bokeh I blended Seedless preserves and Shaded lilac DI on a white CS and sponged some bokeh using circle stencil and white pigment ink. I then cut a panel with a circle window from a white Bling CS from Bazzill and mounted it with the bokeh panel flat on a card base. I placed the rose and stamped the sentiment from Penny Black in purple. I finished off the card by adding some sequins and Wink of stella on the flower. 



I would like to enter this card in Less is More #268: What's outside your window.
Rose is not a spring flower, but I think the bokeh in the circle window gives the feeling of spring sunshine like what I have outside my window this weekend :).


Thank you for visiting today! 
Happy crafting! 

19 comments:

  1. You drew that beautiful rose? Wow! Such talent. It looks amazing, and so gorgeously coloured. It looks fab against the bokeh background. Massive well done for such a unique and personal creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rose you have drawn and coloured is fabulous TaeEun and the bokeh effect on that beautifully blended background looks so pretty with it. You are a very talented artist! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous amazing rose - one of these days a stamp company is going to have you designing stamps for them!! purple is not my favorite color either but lovely as a rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing drawing! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! That rose reaches right out of the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Wow! and even more WOW!
    This is so professionally drawn and coloured. An exquisite card and design and I'm thrilled you've linked it up at Less is More this week. Thanks so much. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous!!! I have a few rose stamps, but none are as beautiful as this. I would love to have that in a stamp. You colored it beautifully and I love the whole design of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tae Eun, you have drawn a beautiful rose. I am not fond of roses but I would buy this image! It is gorgeous. Like you, purple is NOT my favorite (or even close to favorite) color, but this is absolutely lovely. The bokeh background is perfect for it. I think you should become a stamp designer and draw us some beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing card..totally loved the bokeh BG u created and yes you are a great artist ...u drew the rose so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card..totally loved the bokeh BG u created and yes you are a great artist ...u drew the rose so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous TaeEun! The colours are so delicate and the wink of stella you added gives it that extra magic! Stunning. Thanks for stopping by my blog this week. Lou x (Guest Designer at LIM)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! And, I mean...WOW!!! Your rose is absolutely gorgeous, Tae Eun! I'm so glad you fussy cut it out and placed it on your beautiful Bokeh background...it's perfection! Love all the sparkle, too!
    I agree with Betty (and others)...I wouldn't be surprised if one the stamp companies contacts you about designing for them...you are incredibly talented, and I would definitely buy this rose as a stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your rose drawing is exquisite Tae Eun. The bokeh background is a perfect compliment to it. Thanks for your kind words on my blog, and thank you for joining us at Less is More this week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just fabulous - I love the bokeh, the twinkle pretty much everything about it!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply beautiful, you are so talented. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous rose so well coloured !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is gorgeous. I loved your hand drawn yellow rose and I love this one too. So beautiful, and your bokeh background looks fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's taken me a while to get around to seeing what's outside your window!
    But what a fabulous sight greeted me!
    Beautiful card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  19. The gorgeousness of the rose goes without saying, TaeEun, but adding the bokeh background is out of this world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!