Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Hibiscus

Hello, today I have a card with a red hibiscus flower to share with you.
Yes, another drawing...
I have bought this hummingbird stamp from Inkadinkado a while ago.
The stamp has a small flower in front of the bird, but I wanted to draw a hibiscus for this hummingbird :).


I googled some images of hibiscus flower, drew one with a pencil and colored using Prismacolor pencils. 
I masked the flower of the stamp and inked it up using black pigment ink, stamped the hummingbird and clear heat embossed it. I wanted to leave the bird black and white but to give a little something. So I added some texture using white Pico Embellisher (hard to see in the pic:)). 
For the background I blended Festive Berries and Weathered Wood DIs on two diagonal corners and rounded the other two. To finish off I added red rhinestones and white pearls. 
I decided to go without a sentiment. To be honest I had no better idea. 

And this is the picture before I blended more red to the right upper corner. 
What do you think is better, before or after? 
IRL I like the after more... but in the picture the before looks way better.


I would like to enter this card to Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes. 


Thank you for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. beautiful TaeEun - such drawing skills you have in addition to coloring!! i'll vote for the after with the darker blending - seems to a better accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawing and coloring skills are amazing! I love both cards but will vote for the "after" version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Your hibiscus is so realistic, I love it. Please tell me you will be making stamps. Your drawings make me want them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I forgot to vote. I love the after. More color really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards just get Better each day!! This one is outstanding in design and coloring:) I like the more intense inking in the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous Hibiscus flower TaeEun and the hummingbird in black is so ornate and pretty. I think the 'after' looks better in the picture as I think the stronger tone gives more structure and impact. The paler colour looks as though you were playing safe rather than going for it, if that makes sense. Your drawing and colouring is fantastic and I love the rounded corners and added gems and pearls. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. TaeEun, your cards belong in frames, in a gallery somewhere near me ... just stunning! I feed the hummingbirds that come to my window feeder from my hand!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be still my heart...Your hibiscus flower is absolutely, positively GORGEOUS, Tae Eun! I love how you angled the hummingbird, and definitely prefer the 'after'...your ink blending is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I completely forgot to say...Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM! It's always a joy to see your creations in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello TaeEun and thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me such a sweet comment, coming from you, who are so incredibly talented, it's such an amazing compliment.
    You are not only a fabulous colorist but you have the ability to sketch this gorgeous flowers by hand and then, color them beautifully, this Hibiscus flower is incredible, looks like a photograph, amazing coloring skills!!!!!
    Thank you again for visiting.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in awe of your talent - that hibiscus looks like so real !!! Love the blended and rounded corners - they frame your images so perfectly. I prefer the heavier blending - red should be bold !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hibiscus looks real. You are an amazing artist, drawing and coloring that flower is so incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card TaeEun, wow and you drew the flower too....amazing!...yes I think I prefer the bolder shading on the edge too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beauty! I like that you did not color the hummingbird and kept the focus on that stunning Hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That hibiscus looks so real!! I am awestruck!!! Beautiful card TaeEun!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning card! Your flower colouring is magical!! Just beautiful thank you for sharing your talent with us at ATSM!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning! That hibiscus is fabulously drawn and amazingly colored. I do like the card with the darker inked corner because it seems to blend in with the bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a WOW type card! Love it! Thank you for joining us at ATSM blog!
    Olesya, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow you drew the colour stunning - more red is more striking of the 2

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!