Saturday, March 12, 2016

Magnolias for her

Hello and happy Saturday! 

Yesterday I had a blast with alcohol inks. I was wondering whether the glossy CS can stand the heat embossing and whether the embossing can hold the alcohol inks inside the image.  So I went with this idea yesterday and was so happy to see it working! 



To start off I stamped two flowers of Magnolias for her stamp set from Altenew on a glossy CS using embossing ink and heat embossed it in white. I then started to color them by dropping the alcohol inks into the image. I used Wild plum, Shell pink and Peach bellini for the flowers and Botanical and Citrus for the green background. I tilted the CS in order to bring the inks to the part as I wanted. I added some bright dots and circles using Blending solution.  The ink splatters were made with a brush. I then cut sides of the panel with a deckle scissors and mounted it flat on a card base on both sides of which I added a thin strip of green Bling CS.
The sentiment is from Beautiful Day stamp set. I heat embossed it using Liquid Platinum EP on a black CS and adhered it using some foam tape.
To finish off I added some dots using Gold Pico embellisher.

I am so happy I've found another way I can use the alcohol inks. I love the vibrant colors of them.

I chose the colors with the Inspiration Challenge March 2016 on Altenew blog in mind.
The inspiration photo shows a beautiful garden in France.


Thank you so much for stopping by and for the time you share with me!
Wishing you all a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. I love the way you have done these Magnolia flowers Tae Eun, so bright and pretty, and your colouring with the alcohol inks is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful - my alcohol inks have been neglected for ages - i'm going to give this a try - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You have totally rocked those alcohol inks, what a fabulous technique and an extra fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may just be my favorite of all your cards!!!! Simply gorgeous! That card is a winner, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TaeEun!!! OH my Heavens this is SENSATIONAL!!! I just ordered my first sets of alcohol inks, and I CANNOT wait to attempt this - can you come over? xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to come here to take a closer look at this amazing card! A real stunner! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb results! Love the mix of colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb results! Love the mix of colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a cool idea and stunning results! Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I"ve never used alcohol inks but the results are fabulous, TaeEun. Those flowers are gorgeous and I am in love with the deckled edge. I think I'll go look up my scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how GORGEOUS, TaeEun! I love how your alcohol inks reacted, and your splatters are perfect! Love that you chose Liquid Platinum for your sentiment, too! Really stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card with beautiful results !
    Maybe someday you will make a Youtube video, it would be so nice to see you creating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have never thought to do this, and it's so gorgeous & unexpected... simply love it! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mixed techniques and colour mediums you use are so inspiring. I would love to see any videos you make. Please give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excited to try this! Had to come check out this gorgeous card closer and read your details of the coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!