Saturday, April 9, 2016

Birthday card with Frieda

Hello! Hope you are having a restful weekend so far! 

Today I have a card with a cute mouse named Frieda to share with you.
This mouse image is one of the Freebies which Wiebke from Bunte Bastelecke created. 
Wiebke and Birka from Tast for Two Tuesday Challenge ask us to use these Freebies for this week's challenge.  I follow these creative young ladies from Germany on Instagram and their fresh and cheerful creations always catch my eyes. 


I printed the image in grey for the no line look. Frieda has a small flower in her hand but I gave her a big rose from SSS. I colored Frieda using Polychromos colored pencils and the rose using Copic markers and Polychromos.
I made the background by white heat embossing the roses and leaves from the Best Mom Ever stamp set by SSS on a water color paper and coloring them using DIs. I tied the sentiment on a grey shimmer CS using pink twine to give Frieda something to stand on. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

Challenges: 


Thank you for stopping by! 

11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. Love those flowers and the adorable mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute mouse TaeEun and that rose looks a lot for her to be carrying..lol. I love the white embossed roses in the background with the pretty inking. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet, TaeEun! This little mouse is so cute, and I love how you stamped him for a 'no line coloring' effect...so clever! LOVE your gorgeous flowers, too! Your coloring skills just take my breath away!!! Great job combining challenges, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so sweet! Love how you have used the watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet and lovely card. I love the background and this mouse is just to cute.
    Have a lovely day, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always!! your card is a work of art : ) I love the softness you achieved with your white embossing and pastel colors!! Beautiful!!

    I'm so excited you joined the fun at Seize the Birthday!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your site and like all your cards - especially your colour choices and clever layouts

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... you changed the Flower... grat Idea :-) and your no-lne-coloring is awesome :-) I think Frieda is very happy on your card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your card is totally stunning! I love love looooooove the soft flower background and your no line coloring! Thank you for playing along at our Task For Two Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful idea your card. Sooooo adorable. Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, so soft and beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!