Thursday, April 7, 2016

Color Isolation

Hello and welcome!

Today's card is featuring a beautiful stamp set from Papertreyink, which is called Harvest Berries.
I've made this card for the Make it Monday at Papertreyink (#245), where the technique for this week is Color Isolation.

After I watched Ashley's video tutorial for the color isolation technique, I decided to use this beautiful ginkgo branch stamp.


I stamped the big and small branch randomly on a grey CS using embossing ink and clear heat embossed them to make a neutral background. I then gold heat embossed the big branch image on a piece of grey CS and fussy cut it. The sentiment is from Altenew. I mounted the gold heat embossed ginkgo branch and the black strip with the sentiment using some foam tape.

I want to enter this card also into SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge: Happy Birthday.




I have something other than a card to share with you today.
I want to say thank you all of my crafty friends who encourage and support me.
So I made an outline image for the hibiscus flower which I drew for my previous cards (here and here).
If you want, you can download the image and play with it :).  But please only for personal use!



 


I made it in two versions, one with thin line for someone who wants to try no line coloring :).
I hope you have fun with my hibiscus image!


Thank you for visiting today!

15 comments:

  1. your card is lovely and thanks for the hibiscus drawing - so kind of you to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Harvest Berries is one of my favorite sets....I really need to get the dies after seeing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, what you did with that Gingko set - I have it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! this is awesome, sweet card! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card TaeEun! That's a beautiful image you've drawn. I had to see what you created with that hibiscus image and I must say your cards are stunning! Awesome coloring and design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is works beautifully with the soft image repeat stamped in the background then the gold embossed branch over the top TaeEun, and the black sentiment suits it perfectly. Thank you so much for letting us use your line art to try for ourselves and I can't wait to have a go! You are a very kind and generous lady. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love that touch of gold embossing ontop, looks wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing the line art of your flower , could never imagine being able to give it the justice deserved. Your generosity is very happily received.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love what you did with this technique!! The addition of the gold EP is such an elegant touch!

    Thank you for the flower you drew! what a kind and sweet gesture.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful card. I love the harvest berries with this stamping technique. This gives your card such an elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card <3, there is something about gold embossing that is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card! Love the way you created your neutral backdrop and the gold embossed branch is stunning against it. Also love your hibiscus outline image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous take on this technique, TaeEun! I love the neutral color palette, too! A stunning card, as always!
    Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful images with us...it's so generous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card ... one of my all-time favorite sets from PTI, TaeEun - I never tire of seeing it used in such a subtle way ... your greys truly make me happy! Thank you for your generous heart, and your artwork!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!