Saturday, April 2, 2016

Crocus in the snow

Hello, crafty friends! 

Today I have a spring card to share with you. 
I love crocus, one of the first flowers after the long winter. As I saw some photos of snow crocus on the internet. I wanted to make the scene into a card. 

Recently I purchased a snow marker, so this was a great apportunity to test it, too.


The crocuses are from Penny Black. I stamped them using yellow Memento ink on a white CS and colored them with Copic markers. I then added details with Polychromos colored pencils and yellow Stickles on the stamen. The snow-covered hill was made by blending some blue DIs, after I masked off the hill with a torn paper. I cut the outline of some flowers to add snow behind them for 3D look. I blended blue and purple DIs on both sides of the card base and mounted the panel flat on it.
The snow was heated to puffing up. I then added some Stardust Stickles on the snow.
The sentiment is also from Penny Black. And the finishing touch was some clear sequins.

Challenges:


Thank you for stopping by! 
Have a wonderful weekend! 

8 comments:

  1. These Crocuses are so beautiful in the snow TaeEun and I love the way the snow has puffed up where it has been heat embossed. I love the pretty blue sky too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card TaeEun, love the crocuses. Funny when I read at first I saw 'snow maker' and had to do double take. You have a snow maker noooo its snow marker. Very clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! There is nothing that heralds in the Spring more than seeing crocus peeking through snow cover. What a fabulous card, TaeEun ... just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. It was very clever of you to think of placing them in the snow, a beautiful sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever idea, wish we had some crocus in the garden but the rabbits ate them all!
    Thanks for MYM @ ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love how you created your scene, and your coloring is just beautiful, TaeEun! Love how you played with your new 'Snow Marker', too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card TaeEun! I love the scene you've created, it's so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crocus, one of my fave flowers. Love the snowy scene with the such recognisable yellows and purples.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!