Monday, April 4, 2016

grateful

Hello, happy Monday!

Today I have two cards to share.

As I had so much fun to play with alcohol inks for my previous card, I tried it again, this time with smaller flower images from Concord&9th. I made this card with the Inspired by All the Little Things challenge in mind and took the colors from its inspiration photo. I am so glad I've found this flower-themed challenge!


To start off I stamped and gold heat embossed the flowers and stems on a glossy CS and colored them using alcohol inks. Actually I tried to color the images with some gradation but only one drop of the ink filled the entire flower petal so it was hard to make a good gradation. So it looks a bit blotchy on some flowers.  
The sentiment is also from Concord&9th. 

I want to link up this card also at Addicted to Stamps and More #187: Make your Mark.



My second card is a CASE of Joyce's beautiful card over at HappyLittleStampers CASE the designer Challenge.  Joyce made this gorgeous card for us to CASE. 


I chose for my card the Rose Terrace background stamp from The Ton.


I cut a tilted square from a A2 panel (Strathmore Bristol smooth), placed the panel on my Misti and stamped the roses using Spectrum aqua markers. I used for the negative panel slate and charcoal marker to stay neutral in contrast to the colored element. I added a vellum panel on the negative panel to tone down the images and to place the sentiment. The colored square panel was mounted with foam tape. To finish off I added a few clear sequins.

I'm entering this card also at SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.


Thank you all for visiting my blog! 
Have a wonderful week! 

20 comments:

  1. Two absolutely stunning cards. The first one is so very bright and colorful and a wonderful take on the inspiration photo. And, I am absolutely in love with the card you made to CASE my card. Your personal twists--the shape, the vellum panel, and the colors really take it up a notch. Thanks so much for playing along at HLS Case the Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your alcohol inked blooms are outstanding!! Thanks for playing at Inspired By:)
    And your second card is so LOVELY with the skewed colored panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your flowers are beautiful TaeEun and the alcohol ink technique on the shiny card looks great. I love the wonderful CASEing of Joyce's pretty card and the vellum over the base image with the sentiment stamped on it is a lovely design idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful cards, love the vibrancy of the first and the softness of the second. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards! But I really like the first with alcohol inks! Such vibrant colors!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable scene you created!
    Just love these both! Thank you so much for joining at this month Happy Little Stampers CASE challenge!
    태은님 카드 너무 이뻐요!
    정말 최곱니다!!!
    어쩜 이렇게 이쁘게 만드실까? 눈이 호강하고 가요^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the cards a re adorable! Colors on the first card are so vibrant and stunning and the second one is so subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are beautiful! The first one looks like stained glass. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo, TaeEun! Sooooo very lovely. As always, your cards a delight to see! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CASE the Designer. I hope you'll come back and play again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both gorgeous! I especially love the first card -- wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely project, TaeEun! Beautiful flowers... so elegant. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous cards, TaeEun! I love how you used your alcohol inks on the flowers, and I don't think they look blotchy at all...they look 'Organic', and I love the bold color palette! Beautiful CASE of Joyce's card, too! The contrast of your color combo is stunning, and your design is so lovely!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us again this week at ATSM! We love to see your cards in the gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWZA!!!!! Not even sure what to say that hasn't been said! The bold colors on the first one capture the photo perfectly and then the contrast of the second one and how you lined it up perfectly is like amazing! You are super talented! Thanks for playing along at Inspired by All Things Little where I am guesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! TaeEun you are incredibly talented! I just love every one of your cards. Thanks for playing with us at Inspired by All the Little Things. I am just so blown away by all the details in the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What amazing cards!! Stunning work!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards TaeEun and the second one is such a fabulous take on Joyce's card. I love the neutral background and the addition of the third layer with the vellum is inspired. Just stunning.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two fabulous cards, both of them are works of art! The titled panel on your second card is a great take on the inspiration. Thanks so much for joining the HLS CASE challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness. I love both of your cards and the gorgeous blooms you shared.You work is exquisite! Thank you for joining us at Inspired by All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness. I love both of your cards and the gorgeous blooms you shared.You work is exquisite! Thank you for joining us at Inspired by All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Inspired card, and CASE of Joyce's card, both just seriously took my breath away, TaeEun!!! I am so happy to have found you, my talented friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!