Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Birthday Wishes

Hello, today's card features again the flower stamp from April My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts. 



I stamped the flowers and leaves along with some masking using white pigment ink on a navy CS.
I then added some light shade on the flowers with Polychromos colored pencils.  I colored the leaves in dark green which wasn't captured in the picture. The flower stamens were colored with yellow pencil and again with yellow glaze pen.
The white heat embossed sentiment is also from Hero Arts.
To finish off I added some clear sequins and rounded a corner.





Edited:
I'm so sorry that I caused some confusion. I used for the shading light blue for the flower on the right side and light purple for the left one. The white pigment ink turned to light blue after it dried :)

Yesterday I was thinking what if I've cut the outline of the flowers on the lower left corner to show the card base with diagonal stripes stamped on it.  I then added white stripes using white gel pen to see how it looks like :).



Thank you all for coming! 
Hope you are enjoying your day! 

9 comments:

  1. This is really pretty TaeEun with the white pencil used on the black is an interesting idea and the yellow stamens and yellow glaze pen add just the right amount of colour to the flower centres and the sequins to embellish together with the pure white sentiment and the rounded corner give this a really elegant look. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your coloring is stunning! I love the tone on tone look... And I really need to get some white pigment ink!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous coloring and design (as always) - love the white on the navy and the touch of yellow centers - so glad you have entered our A Blog Named Hero challenge this month - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous design, TaeEun! I've yet to try the white pencil I purchased! MUST make that happen - thanks for the inspiration ... xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. The image stamped in white on the dark cardstock really makes it stand out. Love the soft shading on the flower, which still allows some of the base colour to come through. A beautiful card, TaeEun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS cards, TaeEun! I love the contrast of white with the dark background, and your shading is just beautiful! I also love the diagonal stripes on the 2nd one...Both cards are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've just discovered your blog...these cards are beautiful, and I love looking at all of the talented coloring on your projects. I especially like the diagonal stripes in the second card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also just found your blog. Your style is so unique and so very lovely. I'll definitely be back. On Pinterest, Loll Thompson mentioned CASEing a card by you that inspired her, but didn't link to your card, so I came looking. Wow! I didn't find the card she was referring to but saw many other BEAUTIFUL creations. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful. I like the second option much, it has more depth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!