Saturday, May 21, 2016

Purple Birthday card

Hello, everyone!
Today I have made a special birthday card.

There are two linky party out there, which celebrate Sandie Munro's birthday.
I've got to know Sandie (aka London Days) when I had the honour to be the guest designer at Time Out Challenge. She is so lovely and is always one of the first people who leave encouraging comments when I link up my entry into the challenges where she is in DT. And I'm always amazed by her CAS style.

Happy happy belated Birthday, Sandie! I hope you had wonderful birthday!

The theme of the linky party at Time Out is CAS with the optional twist of purple.
And here is what I came up with.


To start off I made a cutting file for the curvy line with a integrated bow like the picture below and another cutting file for the thiner line.


I then cut it from a white CS with my Cricut and blended purple DIs on the line and the back of the bow part. I added some pearl pigment with a dry brush on the blended area for some shine. I chose a purple polka dot pattern paper for the background, glued it on the card base and then the thin line onto its place.
After I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches in purple I made the bow using some glue and added a purple rhinestone on the bow. Lastly I mounted the front panel using foam tape.


I'm entering this card also into Addicted to Stamps and More #194: Clean and Simple.


Thank you all for coming!
Have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

  1. This IS special!! Super design:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Always in awe of your amazing creativity and neat designs !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design and I love your bow, TaeEun! Loving your pretty polka dot papers, too! Sandie is sure to love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! TaeEun, this is simply amazing!!! Love the design of this beautiful card, I'm always amazed and intrigued about this cutting files, this one is awesome.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning TaeEun, I saw this on Instagram and just love it. You are so clever and thanks so much for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TaeEun it looks like a lovely neckline on a dress - perfect shade of purple for the birthday girl!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super use of a Cricut machine, I was wondering how you did it!
    Thanks for sharing with ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You come up with such unique ideas TaeEun and this is no exception and I love the colour and great for the challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stylish, elegant and so clever, TaeEun ... what a fantastic card .. just gorgeous! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Sandy's surprise birthday Time Out challenge! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way your design flows across the card, so clever. And it looks fabulous in purple too.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh TeaEun this is amazing, such a CAS perfection. And thank you for your kind words. I am not too well at the moment so am sorry I have not been commenting lately and may not be for a while. I just wanted to thank of those who joined my party x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just spotted this beauty in the challenge gallery...So happy you played along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An amazing post! This purple birthday card is looking fabulous. A nice work my friend! Thanks for sharing your work here. Looking for awesome inspirations to decorate my sister’s sweet 16th birthday party at local venues. Want to give her a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!