Saturday, June 4, 2016

Happy Summer!

Hello and happy Saturday! 

The Summer has arrived where I live. It is getting very hot, reason enough to make my first summer card this year:)!  
As I saw Hannelie's sweet sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch #175, the flip-flops and a beach scene came into my mind . 


I used an alcohol ink panel I made for this card. After I colored a glossy cardstock using some blue alcohol inks, I added some drops of blending solution on the applicator and tapped it all over the panel.
I tore the panel to show the white core representing the foam of breaking waves.
The beach was made by blending Antique Linen and Vintage Photo DI on the card base.
The flip-flop stamp is from Simon Says Stamp. I stamped them using StazOn black on the glossy paper and using black pigment ink on the card base.
The rectangle elements are five on the sketch but I didn't want to have them unpaired. So I stamped one flip-flop on the beach using Vintage photo and added one purple rhinestone on it.
The sentiment Summer is my handwriting. I made it as a cutting file and cut with my Cricut from a blue glitter CS and four times from a white CS for dimension. The happy is from Avery Elle.
To finish off I added Glossy Accents on the strip of the flip-flops.

As I made this card I had the CASology challenge also in mind. They celebrate the 200th Challenge this week with the theme CAS!  Huge Congratulations!

And I want to enter this card into Addicted to Stamps and More #196, as they have Anything Goes week.




Thank you all for coming! 

My post today will be the last one this Summer. I hope I can come back in October at the latest. 
I will be outside the US in Summer with my family without my crafting supplies after our move in three weeks.

I hope you all have a happy and cool Summer or warm Winter :)!!!



18 comments:

  1. What a cool card. Wow, sounds like you have a busy summer ahead. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design, eyecatching card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TaeEun you just make me smile EVERY time!!! LOve that flip-flop left behind - you are so clever! Your torn edge creates the most wonderful, truly breaking, foamy waves! Thanks so much for playing along at CTS this week!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please stay in touch ... I'll miss our chats!! xx

      Delete
  4. This is darling card, TaeEun. I love the torn paper and the errant little flip flop. We'll miss you while you're gone. And I'm sure you'll miss crafting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun take on the sketch, TaeEun! I love how you created the waves with your alcohol inks, and that you added a rhinestone to the one flip flop...so clever! Great job combining challenges, too ~ Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOO, so pretty and very cool, TaeEun. I love it! Thanks for playing along at ATSM AG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous take on the sketch...stunning idea,and LOVE your torn paper as a sand beach.Thank you for joining us at ATSM these week...Željka DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh.. come back soon TaeEun as we will miss your fabulous creations, but hope your move goes well and that you have a wonderful summer! Talking of Summer this is a fabulous take on the sketch and captures what Summer is all about. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. TaeEun, I hope you are staying cool...it seems we skipped spring here in NJ, it went straight from cold to hot! I love your fun beach card...great inking, fun torn paper to make wave foam! Thanks for joining us at CASology for our 200th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. TaeEun,you made an amazing card with my sketch ! It's clever, it's creative and BEAUTIFUL!
    LOVE your handwriting!
    You will be missed, hope to see you around on Instagram. I will also take a break, but only for 3 weeks, and will gather some coldness in South-Africa to come and face the last HOT part of Summer here in AD!
    Will miss your beautiful inspiration.
    Thanks for joining us at CASology and CTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's getting hot and humid here too - definitely flip flop and beach time! The water on your card looks so cool and inviting gorgeous! Have a wonderful summer and hope to see your creations again in the fall! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is so fun, TaeEun! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of those days I gonna pull out my alcohol inks again - this is wonderful - such a fun beach scene!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing! I love the water!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your summery take on the sketch! And I love that extra flip flop on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card so much!! I it is so simple and sweet. The perfect way to beat the heat!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card, I have looked at it before but came back to look again as I like this idea. I hope you are having a wonderful break and look forward to seeing you again in October (our Spring).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!