Wednesday, August 24, 2016

News

Hello and welcome to my blog!

Today I have a card and a great news to share with you!!!
Now I'm officially the newest member of The Ton design Team :)!!!
I'm so thrilled and happy to be in the team with amazing card makers, whose works I really adore.
And as you may know I love the floral stamps from The Ton!

Today's card was made using a hand carved stamp by EunJi Jung, who is also in The Ton design team. Please hop over to her blog to see more beautiful stamps and perfectly colored cards she made!


I stamped the image using embossing ink on a glossy CS and heat embossed it in silver. I then added some droplets of alcohol inks (Wild Plum, Raspberry for the magnolia flowers, Hazelnut, Butterscotch and Citrus for the stem) to color the image. In some spots the ink went outside the lines. It happened if the embossing has some open areas or it was a kind of overflow. It would be great, if I could controll the amount of ink droplets more precisely. 
I added a bit of blending solution, too, to spread the ink, so it can fill the image completely. I then splattered Raspberry ink using an old paintbrush. 
I cut the left side of the panel using a deckel scissors and foam mounted it on the card base, on which I stamped the diagonal stripes stamp from SSS in wild orchid. 
The sentiment is from The Ton. I heat embossed it in silver on a piece of woody pattern paper. 
Some sequins were the finishing touch. 

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope you enjoyed my card! 
Have a wonderful day! 
TaeEun


11 comments:

  1. gorgeous as usual - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every bit ... even those outside the lines! Lovely colors ... and those fun alcohol inks [that sadly are being ignored in my play room!] TaeEun, I am so happy for you, and happy for me, too, because I get to see your lovely creations even more!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This flower ist sooooo beautiful and EunJi Jung is a great artist.
    I love your card, it is so vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning TaeEun your addition to their team will be a great boost to them as you are so talented. Cant wait to see alll your beautiful creations.
    In reference to the inks, when I am trying to control the flow a bit better I tend to tilt the bottle but use toothpick to transfer colour when I dont want too much. Maybe try that or metal tip of tool for lifting gems off sticky back (sorry gone blank on name of this). If you dont understnad my comment let me know and I will take photo of tool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for you, TaeEun - congratulations and it'll be so wonderful seeing your Ton creations! Your work is stunning, just like today's card, so it's no wonder you made the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work TaeEun and congratulations on becoming part of this Design Team. The Ton is new to me so will be taking a look, but if this Magnolia is one of their stamps they look great. Your colouring is absolutely gorgeous, and personally I love the loose look it has with the pretty sequins and splatters, and the stripes down the edge are just perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yahoo!! congratulations to you AND to The Ton because your work is stunning!! I'm so glad you are back and OBVIOUSLY you've found your Mojo looking as delightfully creative as ever : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big congrats to you! They are lucky to have you and your fabulous coloring skills! Looking forward to see your creations! This card is absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card. Love the vivid colors. Congratulations on becoming a member of The Ton Design Team! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS on being the newest member of the Ton Design Team, Tae Eun! You are such an amazing artist, and they are very lucky to have you! I really LOVE how you colored the petals on your flowers...so creative, and your design is really stunning! Can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!