Friday, September 16, 2016

Sending many thanks





Hello and welcome to my blog!

Today's card will be a last-minute entry over at Less is More challenge #293 which has the one layer card week with the theme "Your favorite flower". And I didn't want to miss this theme :) 

Tulip is one of my favorite flowers. And this gorgeous stamp from The Ton, designed by so very talented EunJi Jung is what I chose for today's card. As this is a big floral stamp I took out my alcohol inks and a glossy CS. After I gold heat embossed the image, I dripped the alcohol ink (Lemonade, Sunshine Yellow and Sunset Orange for the flower/ Citrus, Botanical and Pesto for the stem and leaves) carefully on the image and tilted the paper to move the ink to the intended direction. I then gold heat embossed the image again with the help of Misti. The splatters were made with Sunshine Yellow.


The sentiment is from the Sending peonies stamp set by The Ton.  I stamped it in Noir dye ink.
Finishing touch was the clear droplets made using Glossy Accents.

I want to enter this card also into these Challenges
Virginia's View Challenge #23: Spray, Mist & Splatter (splatter as an element on my card)
Addicted to Stamps and More #211: Anything Goes
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge: Clean and Simple 



Thank you for stopping by! 
Have a wonderful weekend! 

17 comments:

  1. Rich and beautiful! You are so right to use these colors for the Fall! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday” Clean and Simple” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creative take on the colouring. Using alcohol Inks in clean and simple work is still a bit different, yet it achieves such a glorious effect. The stamp is lovely and the gold heat embossing really adds to the elegance. Fab card, thanks for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful CAS card TaeEun and the shiny card with the gold embossed image and the pretty alcohol inks dropped in make it look like stained glass. The golden yellow spattering and the drops of glossy accents together with the simple black sentiment finish this perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!! I really love the effect of the alcohol inks applied in this way! : ) Wonderful job AGAIN!! TaeEun : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. The choice of gold embossing the outline makes for a stunning flower. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply fabulous! Dramatic, vibrant, elegant and just stunning.
    Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the alcohol inks! Interesting that you heat embossed it before and after inking. I'll have to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous flower and your CAS design is stunning, TaeEun! I love how the colors of your alcohol inks blended on the petals and leaves...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Tulips are my favourite too and the colours you've achieved here are stunning. I've yet to try alcohol inks, this has inspired me to purchase some.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I have to try this technique! Every card you make like that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards never fail to amaze me! And this one did again!! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card! Love all of the hard edges of your water coloring! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!