Thursday, October 20, 2016

Seize the Birthday

Hello everyone! 
Today I have an exciting news and one card to share with you :)! 
I'm joining the design team of Seize the Birthday challenge. I was so excited when Nancy from STB contacted me and of course I said yes :)! 

Today's card is my first project as a DT member at Seize the Birthday
The topping for the next two weeks is "Lots of Leaves". As always you can link up any newly created birthday card in our gallery! 


For this challenge I went with a CAS design. 



The stamps I used for this card are from the Wagon of Wishes stamp set by Newton's Nook. At first I stamped the pile of leaves on the center of my front panel, masked it off and then stemped the presents and wagon in Memento black to color them with Copic markers. To frame the image I embossed two stitched circles using SSS dies. The front panel was trimmed down a bit and foam mounted on the card base on which I adhered some shimmery silver cardstock. The sentiment was silver heat embossed on some hot pink cardstock, cut and added on the card using some foam adhesive.
To finish off I added clear WOS on the leaves and Glossy Accents here the there.


I hope I could inspire you to play along with my card. Our surprise party guest Sherrie Koning from Sherrie Scraps and other DT ladies have awesome projects on the STB blog! Hop over and let them inspire you!

Thank you so much for visiting!
Have a beautiful day!




15 comments:

  1. Pretty card! I love the stitched circles and adorable wagon! Love the mix of fall colored leaves!
    Congrats on you DT spot at Seize the Birthday! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!
    Sherrie K
    Surprise Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. A warm and happy welcome TaeEun to our design team! We are so excited to see your inspiration, this card is stunning, I love the CAS feel of it and those leaves in the wagon are fantastic! Fabulous card TaeTun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi TaeEun, welcome to the Seize the Birthday DT. We are happy to have you with us. Such an adorable wagon full of fall leaves and presents. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on joining the team at Seize the Birthday. Totally deserved. Wonderful card, love the little cart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, TaeEun!! I absolutely love it - a wagon full of autumn leaves and presents - so much fun!! :D So happy to be joining with you as a DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card. Genius to mask off the leaves and put in the gifts. So much creative fun in this CAS card. A great big WELCOME to the team here at Seize the Birthday. I look forward to seeing many more of your card creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you were here - well every day, really - I have the sweetest little black/white photo of my brother and I at age 4 and 5 pulling our own little red wagon, just like this one! I adore your card, and the fact that we get even MORE of YOU!!! Congratulations! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this CAS card! Your colouring is awesome. Welcome to the team - so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are as excited as you to have you with us! Love the cleanness of your card and the subtle circle frame around your wagon! The shading under the handle was a great added touch! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. TaeEun this is adorable. The little red wagon is so cute filled with presents and leaves, perfect for this challenge. So happy to be on the design team with you at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your new DT spot, TaeEun! This is such a sweet card...Beautiful coloring, and I adore the pink tag! Love the stitched circle around your focal point, too! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your STB projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this gorgeous CAS card, with the embossed frame in the background. And your colouring of the image is just beautiful! Welcome to the team at Seize The Birthday, it's great to have you joining us :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, and I love your colouring! Great to have you with us on the STB team :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!