Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Warm Wishes

Hello! 

Today I have two holiday cards to share with you. They are featuring floral images I colored using Polychromos colored pencils recently. I inked up rubber stamps from Penny Black in the colors of flowers and in green on the stem and leaves and stamped them on kraft cardstock.

The stamp on the first card is called Sparkler. 


After coloring was done, I masked the image and splattered some gold ink on the card. The gold heat embossed sentiment is from JustRite. To finish off the card I added two lines underneath the sentiment using gold gel pen. 


The stamp I used for the second card is Divine, one of my favorite stamps :).


After coloring and splattering of white ink, I narrowed the right side cutting along the outlines of flowers. I then matted some structured diamond bling cardstock on that side and foam mounted the kraft panel. For more bling I added a few light blue and clear sequins, and glittery shades to the white heat embossed sentiment and the right edge of the kraft panel using clear glitter pen.


The pictures look slightly pale. So please imagine they would be a little bit darker :)!

I want to link up my first card at Addicted to Stamps and More #223 (Holiday)
and the second one at The Flower Challenge #3 (Use an older Stamp or Die : both stamps are from last year and they are pretty old among my stamps :)).


Thank you so much for stopping by! 
Have a great day! 
TaeEun


13 comments:

  1. two lovely cards TaeEun - difficult to choose a favorite - your coloring is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeously coloured Penny Black images TaeEun. Your kraft card is not too dark and the Polychromos pencils have lots of pigment so they work well. When I have tried my Spectrum Noir pencils on kraft I found the colours were changed quite a lot, but I think the kraft card I have is quite a bit darker so that is probably why. I love the spattering in the background and the complementary border on the second with bits of the flower hanging over looks fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Ohhh TaeEun always so beautiful. I love how you have coloured both but the blue is so eye catching. Your colouring is perfect and blue is so wonderful against the kraft. I have the stencil for this not the stamp and I really should get it because every time I see it used I love what I see. Thank you so much for finding time to enter The Flower Challenge aileen DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness TaeEun, this cards are stunning but my most favorite is the one with the Divine stamp, I love how your colored them with the pencils, you can't get texture and detail like this with any coloring medium, only pencils allow you to shade and add thin lines to accentuate the curvature of the petals.
    The awesome thing about coloring with pencils is that, as you stroke the pencil onto the paper on top of other colors, they blend beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring as always, TaeEun. I have that Divine stamp (one of my oldest too) but my finished card never looks as good as yours. I'm pinning yours for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Promise you won't look at my coloring on kraft this week, TaeEun! I should have done a study of your gorgeous coloring first, before posting my card!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a master at Floral cards! That is all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't choose a favourite if I tried, TaeEun ... they're both so beautifully coloured. Love how the rounded corners on your Sparkler card adds such elegance, and those splashes of ink on both are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are beautiful. They look very cool and elegant. Thanks for joining us at the Addicted To Stamps & More Challenge. All the very best. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are lovely, TaeEun! My favorite is the blue one. Blue is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two really beautiful and incredibly elegant cards, TaeEun! I love how you include shading on your flowers and your details with your pens is amazing! Nancy (above) is right...you are a true Master at Floral cards, and I would add with coloring, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!