Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Camellia flower in Blue and Yellow

Hello all!

Today I have a card with a hand drawn camellia flower to share.
Camellia is one of my favorite flowers. I love neatly organized petals of that flower family.
With a childhood memory of a camellia tree we had, I love actually soft pink camellia.
But to follow the theme of The Flower Challenge this month I chose blue and yellow for my camellia :).


I sketched a camellia flower and leaves on kraft card stock and colored it with Prismacolor colored pencils. I then added golden lines on right and bottom edges and splattered some gold ink. But the edges were too dark and brown for me. So I decided to heat emboss the edges in gold.
The sentiment is from Penny black. First I heat embossed it in gold and again slightly offset in white.
And I added some white dots on the leaves.


Maybe it's the bad weather here that makes me feel the card is too dark. This card has been on my desk for a few days but no idea pops in my mind how to brighten it. So I decided to leave it as it is :).

I want to link this up at Addicted to Stamps and More #226 and SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge too, as the theme of both challenges is Anything Goes.




Thank you so much for stopping by!
Be careful not to catch a cold!
Hugs,
TaeEun

11 comments:

  1. This is soo pretty TaeEun!how amazing that you drew it yourself also. Love your colouring too, thank you so much for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge';) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This camelia flower is so beautifully drawn and coloured TaeEun and the blue with that touch of yellow and the added gold is extremely pretty and elegant. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your camellia is just gorgeous, TaeEun! Beautifully drawn and beautifully colored - the touches of yellow are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hand drawn....are you kidding me! Wow ...is there no end to your ability! Gorgeous card as is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work - looks like a winner to me - you are so talented TaeEun

    ReplyDelete
  6. TaeEun the card is perfect, doesn't need anything else to lighten it. The beauty shines through, hand drawn you are so so talented. Love the combination of blue and yellow in the flower and theology edge finishes the card perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flower is amazing, an I love how it pops up on the cardstock. Ecellent job. And it's not dark at all. But if you'd wanzed it brighter you might cut it out a bit smaller and place it on a white card base. But it's beautiful as it is:) Thanks fot joining us at addicted to Stamps and More! Martina DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flower is amazing, an I love how it pops up on the cardstock. Ecellent job. And it's not dark at all. But if you'd wanzed it brighter you might cut it out a bit smaller and place it on a white card base. But it's beautiful as it is:) Thanks fot joining us at addicted to Stamps and More! Martina DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, beautifully drawn and coloured flower.
    Elaine DT ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so impressed that your Camellia is hand drawn, and your coloring is just beautiful, TaeEun! I love how it pops against the Kraft background, too...it's really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! This is absolutely stunning!! Your hand drawn flower is amazing!! And your coloring is fabulous too!! Wow!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!