Thursday, January 19, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Dashes and Doodling

Hello everyone! 
A new challenge is waiting for you over at Seize the Birthday


For the next fortnight we have a Toppings option of Dashes and Doodling! I think you can let your creativity play for this Toppings option! Of course you can link up any newly created birthday card, if you are not a toppings kinda person.

I've created a quite a simple card which was quick to make. 


I dripped Watermelon and Poppy Field alcohol ink on A2 sized Yupo paper, let it dry and doodled the flower centers, the stems and leaves using Sharpie markers. The sentiment is from the Party Fans stamp set from The Ton. I heat embossed it in Liquid Platinum. You should go over very fast with the heat tool, when you heat emboss something on Yupo paper, as it warps very easily. I mounted the panel flat on my card base and so finished off my card.

Now it's your turn to create birthday cards with or without dashes and doodling!
Please hop over to the Seize the Birthday blog for more inspirations from my fellow DT members and our Surprise party guest Rahmat Gouse!

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Happy crafting!

13 comments:

  1. Awesome card..love the idea
    .awesome doodling..love it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. TaeEun I really must find those inks!! I've done so many revamps on my craft room since moving that I no longer know where I've put them ... LOve it when you put them to paper - I'll be searching tomorrow - so inspired by this gorgeous card, and adore the reds you've used! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inks on yupo paper make beautiful flowers TaeEun and the red stands out really well. I love the doodled centres to the flowers and the leaves and stems, and the platinum embossed sentiment finishes it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to create unique flowers, TaeEun, and in my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so clever - very modern -love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a fab and cute way to use alcohol inks and doodling! Love your idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doodled flower centers look so perfect you would swear they were stamped! Lovely card as always Tae!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and great job on the flowers and doodled centers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never used alchocol inks or yupo paper so I find your card not only gorgeous but quite interesting, TaeEun. Fabulous job doodling, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what a pretty card! The flowers are gorgeous...love the vibrant colors!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Goodness TaeEun,

    What a brilliant card!!! I'd never ever have thought to drip ink like that and then doodle. My brain is going mad now at the possibilities. So fresh and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Genius design, TaeEun! I love the bold red and that you created a unique design on each flower with your doodling...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful! Love this bold & striking card - well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!