Friday, January 13, 2017

The Ton Anniversary 2017 Release Blog Hop



Hello and Welcome to The Ton's 2017 Anniversary Release Blog Hop!
If you arrived here from Justine Hovey's blog, you are right on track! If you want to start from the first stop please hop over to The Ton blog!

We revealed during our Release week 21 clear stamps, 5 rubber cling stamps and 7 Couture Mixes.
Hope you enjoyed the Release presentation from our design team ladies! Thank you all so much for your lovely comments and support during the release week! There are still time to get a chance to win the giveaways from daily Release posts of The Ton blog and design team members blogs!

ALL NEW RELEASE ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE SHOP!!!

*Effie is holding the release of the Oscar Stamp sets pending permission from the Academy. Unfortunately, there is an additional stamp set (one that has not been debuted) that also had to be pulled from this release. Thus, The Ton has a total of 26 new designs releasing on Thursday, April 12. We hope you understand!*

----- Incentive gifts with purchases -----


  • Spend $75 or more: Receive a free pack of our new Cotton Candy Puff Couture Mix
  • Spend $100 or more: Receive a 2x3 Flutter Mini Stamp (and Cotton Candy Puff Mix)
  • Spend $150 or more: Receive a 3x4 Lone Poppy Set (and Flutter Mini Set and Cotton Candy Puff Mix).

This promotion does not apply to prior purchases. The threshold amount is calculated before taxes and shipping. This promotion will continue until January 19th at 11:59pm EST or until supplies last. Limit one GWP (Give With Purchase) package per customer.
*You may be able to find these GWPs at your international retailer. These GWP items will NOT be available at any other U.S. retailer. 

Today we are celebrating our new Release with amazing guest designers in this blog hop.

For today's event I've created two cards!


 I used a part of the Thoughtful poppies stamp set to make a circled arrangement of poppies around my big sentiment. I stamped this cluster of three poppies in Caviar Hybrid ink twice to do that. I colored the poppies using Copic markers and added gray shade around the flowers. I then cut out the center part using Double Stitched Circle die. The Sentiment is from The New Pretty stamp set. I gold heat embossed it on a black cardstock and die cut it with the next smaller Double Stitched Circle die. I took a black card base on which I stamped the Freestyle Stripes stamp in Hampton White Pigment ink, glued a piece of dark red cardstock on the right side and assembled the colored panel and sentiment as shown in the picture using some foam adhesive. I added some white dots to the center of two poppies and left the card without any embellishment.


My second card is made with the Dahlia Close Up rubber cling stamp.


I started off by clear heat embossing the Dahlia Close Up on a watercolor cardstock. I then blended pink to violet Distress inks to lift the colors off the image later using paintbrush and clear water. I lifted the colors from ends of petals and added more shades to the inner part of the petals using gray Copic markers to give them more dimension. I then coated the entire panel with clear Wink of Stella. For a camouflaging sentiment I die cut the happy from our Birthday Word dies out of the colored panel and once again from a purple foam. I mounted the panel to the card base then the purple foam and die cut happy to the place and added the BIRTHDAY from the Oscar stamp set which I white heat embossed on some purple cardstock. To finish off I scattered a few sequins from Disco Spring Couture Mix.


That's it from me today! Make sure to hop along with us for amazing inspirations and of course to get a chance to win one of our giveaways!

Your next stop is so very talented Taheerah Atchia's blog!

----- GIVEAWAY -----

  • Five gift certificates to The Ton's shop: One $75, two $50 and two $25 gift certificates will be given away to random commenters on all the hop participant blogs. 
  • To qualify, you must leave a comment on The Ton Blog Hop post. 
  • The comment period will close on Monday, January 16th at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced thereafter.

----- TheTon Challenge -----

The Ton's new Challenge Blog is now live! We'll be playing with a new monthly challenge that begins on the first of every month. The theme for our first challenge is "Celebrate"! Head over now to join the fun and win some prizes!

----- Hop Along -----

Your next stop is Taheerah Atchia's blog

Here is the complete blog hop list! 
  1. The Ton
  2. Amy Tsuruta
  3. Mayline Jung
  4. Janette Kausen
  5. Emily Midgett
  6. Laurel Beard
  7. Eunji Jung
  8. Chris Dayton
  9. Vera Yates
  10. Lisa Harrolle
  11. LauraJane Head
  12. Amy Kolling 
  13. Isha Gupta
  14. Jenny Lee Yamasaki
  15. Justine Hovey
  16. TaeEun Yoo <-- You are here.
  17. Taheerah Atchia
  18. Stephanie Klauck

Thank you so much for stopping by! 
Happy hopping! 
Hugs, 
TaeEun

122 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards!!! The florals look so pretty. I love the lil wreath you've created and the close up dahlia looks superb in purple. Thanks for sharing
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your first card!! WOW!!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you placed the image on the first beautiful card and the second is a stunner! I love how you did the sentiment on it! Amazing job! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh la la! love love love the demi circle idea!!! genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first card is so bold and the second one is soft and lovely. I love the contrast between the two cards & it shows your versatility.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first card. It is stunningly bold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!!! Beautiful cards and colouring!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg these are both stunning! I especially love the round poppy arrangement! You're so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... Your Dahlia is captivating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, stunning, stunning!! This blog hop is INCREDIBLE!! SO many talented artists!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful and creative cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the dahlia one is my favorite, so glad that stamp is on it's way to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards. I like how you framed the sentiment with poppies on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the brightness of the poppies with the strength of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the flowers circling the sentiment.
    The dahlia is beautiful. quite a
    fantastic flower.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning cards love them both. The shimmer on the dahlia is beautiful and I love the detail and the circle of flowers on your first card. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow I love both cards! the circle with the poppies is amazing. The dahlia is stunning with your watercolors and copics. I can't decide which poppy stamp to get. I wish I could buy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So bold and beautiful!!! I admire your talent!! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the bright colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous cards! I love that gorgeous Dahlia Close Up design and your beautiful coloring! Looks amazing with the die cut 'happy' in the design! Great coloring on the beautiful poppies as well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your artwork is always picture perfect with a touch of "wow"!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you stamped and colored the images around the circle. Wonderful layout

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful cards. Both bright spots to the recipient. Love your style, colors and artistic design. Thanks for showing how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such amazing cards - both equally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous! Especially love the ring of flowers around your sentiment, perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. purple is my favorite color so I was immediately drawn to that card, but the uplifitng sentiments are really my favorite of this release and against the black it pops right off the card

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love, love, love your stamp use on the first card

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your first card has such a beautiful and clever design.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG! Love your cards, adore the softness of the second card,just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful cards. My favorite is the brightly colored one. Love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful cards, the circle of poppies is so pretty and the close up dahlia with camouflage sentiment is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love, love, love the layout of the poppy card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous cards. I especially love the dahlia. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love both of your cards, but that first one is my favorite. I'm telling ya, I am going to have to make something similar. It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love how you framed the sentiment on the first card, so pretty and the emboss resist with the background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the coloring on the cards you created!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That purple card is jaw-dropping beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are both so gorgeous!! I love the poppies stamped around the circle; such a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a creative design with the poppies and bold sentiment, just awesome! And your dahlia card is gorgeous. Love the soft color!

    ReplyDelete
  41. That close up dahlia is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow very lovely cards . Love the word die in the flower

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful cards, i love the dahlia .

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the flowers going around the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous cards! I love how the poppies frame your bold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Amazing coloring and fabulous stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Those cards are wonderful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Two stunning cards for different reasons. The first is rich in colors, perfect design and LOVE the sentiment. The second is serene and magical!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love how you did the birthday card! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Tae Eun, your cards are so beautiful. I really like the design of the first one, it looks rather time consuming but just so elegant it would be worth the time spent! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your cards are stunning and I especially love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Quite simply said the most stunning stamps and projects. Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love, love, love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love the design of the first card...so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful cards! I can't decide which one I like the best!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am in love with your beautiful circle of poppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Whoa! Your coloring is amazing!! I love that 2nd card with the gorgeous bright colors and the nice solid black. Beautiful samples

    ReplyDelete
  58. Aren't these pretty? I really adore the dahlia card. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the composition of the BOLD card.

    ReplyDelete
  60. From bold to soft, and every place in between, TaeEun, you have a gift with color, design, and execution is flawless, my friend! OH do I adore that Dahlia!! WHEN we craft together, you'll have to show me how you do it!!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love the way you used the fabulous poppy stamp! How brilliant to make a wreath out of it around your sentiment. Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wonderful cards, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  63. These cards are REALLY stunning. Love the layout of the first one and the soft colouring of the second one. Thank you, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful cards TaeEun!!! Your birthday card with the dahlia is so pretty!!! Thanks for the inspiration 😊

    ReplyDelete
  65. Amazing cards!I love the stamping and layout on the first card and the coloring and camouflaging sentiment on the second card.Very inspiring!Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Gorgeous creations! The Dahlia one is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  67. That dahlia coloring is amazing! And the way you framed the sentiment w the poppies...love! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  68. OMG! What awesome cards you made. Great job they are so adorable.
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. WOW! Beautiful cards. The flower circle is soo pretty and your watercoloring on the dahlia is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Your cards are so beautiful! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Gorgeous cards. I love the awesome design of your poppy card and the beautiful colouring on your dahlia.

    ReplyDelete
  72. LOve all the elements you used in your first card. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Unique cards, love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Lovely cards and the coloring wow!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Your cards are so gorgeous,TaeEun. I love the bright red poppies and how you've accented the sentiment. That light purple dahlia is so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Really very fun. I love the cards, especially the first one. What a cool idea to use a circle in such a way! I may have to use that as inspiration for my own card!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love the design & gorgeous coloring on your poppy card & the Dahlia is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love how you used the flowers as a frame for that bold sentiment, so perfect! and that elegant card with the dahlia flower background stamp is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  79. Gorgeous cards, both of them. Love the layout on the first one, and the dahlia colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  80. I think your first card has to be one of the most beautiful cards I have seen in a long time! It is just stunning! They say it is an honor to be CASED, I hope you feel that way, because I know I will be using it for inspiration very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Both of your cards are wonderful. I like the sentiments placed inside the circle. Nice focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Your first card has two things that I LOVE. The flowers surrounding the circular sentiment and the stripy border to the left. The colors are gorgeous; just a gorgeous card. The dahlia too is of course spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  83. The dahlia stamp drew me in. And now seeing what others have done using it, makes me want it more! Love the idea of using a circle! So outside the box--literally!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Wow!! The dahlia card is stunning!! Love your coloring on both cards. Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  85. BOTH ARE WOOOWW Tae Eun
    woooww deine Karte so so adoreable
    ich mag deine Koloration on the fisrt and the soft one on the second
    DEINE KARTE IST STUNNING Tae Eun
    kannst du noch deutsch oder
    Sorry when I mix with English
    big hugs from Germany, Munich
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  86. Both cards are so beautiful! Love flower stamps, especially poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  87. amazing card, both are really really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  88. I love what you did with the Thoughtful Poppies stamp - it looks beautiful encircling the sentiment in the off-set frame.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Nice coloring and cute cards. The sentiments from the new release are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Wow, I adore both cards! Love the soft prettiness of the dahlia card, and the bright bold statement of your poppy card!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Both of your card are elegantly designed, TaeEun! TFS your creative ideas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  92. Beautiful cards, very pretty. Thanks for sharing and for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  93. The poppy wreath is brilliant! I love seeing the colorful poppies on a white card but then set off with gold embossing on black. Great card!
    thank you for the clear directions on how to do the sentiment on the dahlia card. Does this affect the embossing? Do you need to reseal the embossing where you have cut it? I loe the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! In my case die cutting didn't affect the heat embossing :).

      Delete
  94. Both of your cards are breathtaking! Your first card is perfect! I love your sentiments and the fact they are in gold is striking! Your poppy colors are vibrant, and I love the way they curve around tbe sentiment! I cannot say enough about your second card! Your color choices...beautiful! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, cutting out words, like you did with happy, to make them strand out, yet blend in! Brilliant! Perfection! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Spectacular presentation of the poppies and wow, the dahlia is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  96. gorgeous both of them! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  97. I love the flowers around the circle with the sentiment and on the edge. It's terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Both cards are fantastic, but the circle one is so vibrant and bold - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  99. What a great, and original idea to use the poppy image with!! It is fabulous! I love the look of that huge dahlia image too; both your cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Wow! Your Dahlia image is beautiful! I absolutely love the poppies, though! It was so creative to put the poppies into a circle to surround the new sentiment. Both cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Love how you spotlighted that wonderful sentiment on the first card! Beautiful colour on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Beautiful cards, the Dahlia is my favorite. It is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  103. You are a Master color artist, TaeEun!!! Beautiful Copic coloring on your first card, and your watercoloring on the 2nd card is just mind blowing...WOW! I love how you added dimension with your gray marker and created less color on the tips of the flower petals! As always, you did a great job showcasing all of these lovely blooms!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!