Saturday, February 11, 2017

Alcohol ink flowers

Hello everyone!
It was a quiet week on my blog:).

Today I have a card to share with you I made for Altenew February Inspiration Challenge. The inspiration picture with bougainvillea flowers, Aga provided for us, is so delightful, just right to brighten up these cold and gray winter days.

I took the black (or dark brown) window door, the rough texture of the outer wall and of course the bougainvillea as my inspiration.


I wanted to give some movement in my background. So I made a cutting file with the wavy lines and cut the white panel with my Cricut, which I dry embossed using Fabric Weave EF from Spellbinders. I splattered bright gold on this panel and on a black card base. After the ink splatters were dry, I mounted the white panel on the black card base using foam adhesive. Next I colored two glossy A2 card stock with alcohol inks: one in Shell Pink, Flamingo and Raspberry, and the other in Citrus, Limeade and Botanical. I then heat embossed the flowers and greenery from Striped Florals stamp set from Altenew on colored panels in Liquid Platinum and fussy cut them all.
I arranged the florals as shown in the picture and added two gold rhinestones on the flower centers. The sentiment is from Sketchy Cities Abroad stamp also from Altenew. I stamped it in black on white and clear heat embossed it before I foam mounted it on the card.


It looks quite different from what I had in my mind :). I like it though.


Thank you for visiting my blog today!
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
TaeEun

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous card, TaeEun!! i was pondering what i would play with today and think it's going to alcohol inks and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely spot on Tae-Eun! I LOVE the movement of your black and white BG behind the brilliantly colored blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful TaeEun and I love the curvy shape you have given it and the pretty pink flowers look great with the black and white. The gold spattering just gives it that extra something too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous and very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello TaeEun : ) As usual your card is stunning! : )

    I wanted to drop by to send a very tardy thank you for the beautiful!! card you sent to me. I appreciate you thinking of me and blessing me with one of your outstanding card creations!

    I am feeling much better and hope to be back to blogging soon.

    BIG (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly gorgeous and striking! Love your gold embossing with alcohol inks! So glad that you join the fun over Altenew February Inspiration Challenge! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "flow" that your cut white BG panel provides for your amazingly coloured flowers. The dry embossing is yet another detail that adds interest & beauty to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is spectacular, TaeEun. The curved cut adds so much movement to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the detailing...Bright floral against the gold splatters and texture on the bg are great touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning TaeEun! I love the color combo and Blackman white background, I definitely want to try that out. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Such a stunning and original design and it really captures the essence of the inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the texture you built in to your card. Thanks for joining in with the Altenew Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another really gorgeous card, TaeEun! So sorry I fell behind on my visits ~ Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!