Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Flower Challenge - CASE

Hello all!

Today's post is for my debut card as the newest design team member over at The Flower Challenge!
I've accepted Aileen's invitation with pleasure, as I think there is no better place for me to playing cards than The Flower Challenge :) !

The Challenge for February is to CASE our Guest Designer. And the first Guest Designer at The Flower Challenge is no less than Therese Calvird from Lost in Paper! I adore her clean, beautiful and feminine card making style!

And this is the card she created for us to CASE !  So beautiful!


I decided to take her layout, soft colors, die cut window for colors to peek out and die cut sentiment.
But I went with a cut out in feather shape and placed my roses on a lower layer.


To start off I made a cutting file of a feather in two layers and cut them out from a white cardstock and a white woodgrain cardstock with my Cricut. I cut small circles too with which I replace the embellishments on Therese's card. The roses are from Hero Arts. I stamped the rose twice using Tattered Rose and Twisted Citron DI on Bristol smooth paper and colored them with Zig brush pens. I used orange and pink shades for the roses and added pink for the background. The sentiment die is from The Ton. I die cut it from a snippet of paper which I colored with Zig brush pens in the same colors like the roses. The YOU ARE in orange is from Avery Elle.


Hope you enjoyed my CASE of Therese's beautiful card :)!

Now it's your turn to create some gorgeousness with Therese's card in mind!
Please hop over to The Flower Challenge blog to get some inspirations from other DT members!


Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!
Have a happy weekend!


23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous TaeEun and congratulations on your becoming part of the design team over at TFC. The CASEing of Therese's soft and pretty card using this feather design works fabulously and the HA roses are beautifully coloured with your Zig brush markers. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big welcome TaeEun for joining us over at 'The Flower Challenge' as a fellow designer. We are so happy and honoured you decided to join us there. Such a beautiful pastel card here too, love that pretty feather die cut and the roses behind it.The peach Ombre sentiment completes it so perfectly too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. was so pleased to see you as the new member for The Flower Challenge - the roses inside the feather are so creative - gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow absolutely stunning work! Love your card & beautiful detail with the Zig CC Markers! So happy to have found your blog can't wait to look at your art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love how those beautiful roses are peeking through the die cut feather, such a clever element on a floral design. Congrats on joining the team, your amazing floral designs never cease to inspire, this is a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TaeEun where do I begin. Such an amazing card and your feather cutout looks simply stunning. My first thought was that you had used a piece of beautiful rose pattern paper then saw you had actually painted it. You need to start making videos I think so we can watch the wonderful process of your car making. Those roses are stunning in design and colouring, the small cut circles also so clever. I am so overjoyed that you have joined the team and cant wait for more inspiration. Hugs Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. TaeEun I am so very excited for your newest DT position - you are so right: a perfect assignment for you!!! Your card is just the next in the very long list of cards you make that I fall in love with EVERY single time!! Extraordinarily beautiful ... I do so hope I can play along! Fingers crossed...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers - stunning! Love those roses peaking through the feather design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TaeEun I am so very excited for your new DT gig!!! You are so perfect for that team!! So happy for you!!! Your cards always make me swoon.... yes time for videos!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. taeEun can you tell me the name of the stunning roses stamp that you used ?

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Debbie! It is called Marianne's Flowers, a beautiful stamp set with several flowers :).

      Delete
  11. CONGRATS on your new DT spot, TaeEun! I know you are going to be such an asset to the team!!!
    Your card couldn't be more perfect for your debut! Your flowers peeking through the beautiful feather is so clever, and absolutely GORGEOUS! I really love your color palette, too...a really lovely take on Therese' card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations TaeEun on joining the team! Your card is so different - a feather and roses! Love your originality and look forward to seeing much more of your work on this team.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tae Eun, I am so happy you are on the team! Your cards are so beautiful. You just do amazing things with flowers - really they are stunning. I adore that it's with the feather to make it feel like it's floating off in the wind. Just gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Tae Eun and welcome to the Design Team at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, it's a pleasure and a joy to have you join us.
    Your card is beautiful, love how you stamped this amazing roses and colored them with the no line coloring technique, it's a hard technique but the results are gorgeous.
    Love how this images show through the fabulous feather die, a lovely way to showcase them.
    Beautiful CASE of Theresa's card.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful take on Therese's card. Really gives me inspiration to try this technique (negative space) more. If only I could colour a fraction as good as you do ... :-( Another stunning card, TaeEun, and congratulations on making The Flower Challenge DT (and yay for us, who get to see more of your lovely cards!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the team, TaeEun! I'm so glad you have joined us. Your card is stunning! The feather die-cut is a great idea and those roses peeking through are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're right, TaeEun. This is the perfect design team for you. Your flowers are always gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is so stunning mf....love the way it looks...
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is simply gorgeous! I l am so envious of your colouring skills! Congrats on being in the DT, I'm looking forward to see what you create next month for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!