Thursday, March 16, 2017

Seize The Birthday - Color Splash

Hello and happy Thursday! 



It's 'Seize the Birthday-Thursday' again :) This time we have a color theme as our Toppings option. 

COLOR SPLASH - BLACK AND WHITE AND ONE OTHER COLOR

As always you may link up any newly created birthday card in our gallery! 

I chose red as the color for my DT card. 


For my background I stamped the flowers from Amazing You stamp set by Altenew in ombre gray using Pewter Collection Couture color inks of The Ton. I made my background directly on my white card base. Set it aside, I made the tag with the Diagonal Stripes (SSS), stamped in Noir. I added a vellum panel on the card base to soften the background and to heat emboss my sentiment from Scripty Greetings (The Ton) in silver. I foam mounted the tag on the vellum. The red roses are colored with Copic markers. I fussy cut the flowers and glued it on the tag, some parts with foam adhesive. To finish off I added a tiny red bow.


I like the look of my card inspired by our Toppings option :)!
Hope you have some ideas popping in your mind now. For more inspiration please stop by the Seize the Birthday blog. There are some amazing projects from my fellow DT members and our Surprise Party Guest Anita Bowden!

Have a fun crafty day!
Hugs,
TaeEun

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card TaeEun. I love the red flowers and the way you stamped the background also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card TaeEun - love the muted matching background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Absolutely love your flowers - stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those roses are such a gorgeous red, TaeEun. The black and white stripe adds a bit of fun to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it is just gorgeous! Those roses were just meant to be with those perfect BnW stripes!!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  6. This black white and red card is so elegant TaeEun. I really love the the black striped fishtail banner behind the beautiful red flowers, and then the stamped background with the vellum over gives it a much softer look. The red ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red, white, and black is one of my all time favorites for color combos. Your card caught my eye immediately and I had to check out who makes that rose stamp you used. I just love this and that stamp in now on my current wish list. Thanks for sharing this lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunner TaeEun!!! The layer of vellum is a perfect touch! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TaeEun this is just lovely. The red blooms are so vivid against the striped paper. The background is beautiful too, with the vellum overlay. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you chose red for your pop of color on this card! Gorgeous design and coloring, too! You never cease to amaze me with your talents...thanks so much for your inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!