Thursday, March 30, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Vellum

Hello again, everyone!

Today I have one more card to share with you I made for the latest Seize the Birthday Challenge!


The Toppings option for the next fortnight is VELLUM. As always our gallery is open to every newly created birthday card! 

Now let's take a look at my card. 
Can you guess where I used a vellum? Sure, I did ;).


This stamp with a cute girl is called Flower Charm (Penny Black). I stamped it in black pigment ink on some Bristol smooth paper and colored the image with Zig brush markers. I added some accents with white gel pen here and there and stamped the sentiment by PB in purple.


I used the vellum for paper piecing. I colored a piece of vellum with alcohol inks (Shell Pink, Flamingo) and blending solution, stamped the image in black StazOn and cut the dress out.



I added some shade on the back of the vellum using purple Zig marker. I then glued the dress carefully only with four tiny dots of glue on the colored image. I foam mounted the colored panel on the card base and added some clear sequins.


After coloring with alcohol inks the vellum warped quite a bit. But I love it as it gives the dress movement and dimension.

Now hope you would stop by Seize the Birthday blog to see the gorgeous inspiration cards from my fellow DT members and our Surprise Party Guest Anita!
Looking forward to seeing your creations in the gallery!

Have a good day!
Hugs,
TaeEun

15 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! You did an amazing job on the dress - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Great idea of paper-piecing with the vellum. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh!! TaeEun!!! she is gorgeous, love the amazing look of her vellum dress, how extraordinary it looks in those colors.
    I'm always a bit scared about working with Vellum, but I love the results you get with it.
    Beautiful card!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how sweet this is, TaeEun! I love how you created the dress with vellum and alcohol inks...you've added so much movement to this card! Love all the pretty colors, too! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, this is adorable TaeEun! I love this idea and your right it does give it movement and dimension, the alcohol did the work for you. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creative use of the vellum well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So love this and will have to CASe it. My mind is racing just imagining it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous TaeEun, really beautifully coloured, and what a great idea to use the vellum to paper piece the dress, and I love the loose washy finish you have given it. The PB image is so cute too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card really caught my eye and I simply love it! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so creative!!! Love how you did this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leave it to you Tae to think wayyyyyyyy outside the box! A vellum dress? Really impressive! The card and her dress is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, TaeEun! This card was gorgeous to begin with, but you really kicked it up a notch with that vibrant vellum dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this card is super fantastic! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such clever and effective use of vellum, love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!