Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Flower Challenge - Sketch Reminder

Hello and happy Saturday everyone!

Today I have a card to share with you which I made for the current sketch challenge at The Flower Challenge! Our talented teammate Vivien has created this sketch for us.
It looks quite CAS! I made a CAS card for the first DT post for this sketch. But this time I went with a busy background :)!

This background was made using Copic markers on a Yupo paper. It was on my to do list for a while. And after seeing Jennifer McGuire's post last week I decided to give this a try.


I started off by scribbling black and cool gray markers on a Yupo paper. I then sprayed rubbing alcohol on it and blew the inks around. I repeated the process until I was happy with the result. Next I die cut the hugs with a word die by The Ton from a Glossy silver glitter paper and once again from a red fun foam. I stacked them together and cut it into a rectangle. The peony is from Loose Peonies stamp set by The Ton. I silver heat embossed a peony on a pink vellum, die cut it with coordinating die and colored it with Copic markers on the back of the vellum.
I then silver heat embossed some leaves and a bud on the background panel. I glued the background panel flat on a black card base, mounted the sentiment panel and the peony on it.
The finishing touch was some Glass Slipper Round Confetti by The Ton.


Black background is not usual for a floral card, but I like how it turned out. 
I hope you could give this technique a try! 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Looking forward to seeing your projects in the gallery of The Flower Challenge

Have a nice weekend! 
TaeEun

14 comments:

  1. This is so so stunning TaeEun, I thought you were going to say Alcohol inks and thought I will have to buy the colours she has used but it was with copics. So have to try this, it is simply stunning and a perfect card for the flower challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TaeEun that background is gorgeous in black/gray - it looks like granite!!! LOve your gorgeous pink vellum Peony - so beautiful silver embossed... xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that background is stunning, TaeEun. Yes, I must try it. The peony on pink vellum, accented with Copics is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flower is so pretty with that awesome background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love that background TaeEun, so clever and really interesting and the silver embossed leaves and flower bud look beautiful against it. The silver die cut sentiment strip looks fabulous over the top and the silver embossing on the pink vellum coordinates so prettily with the background, and the subtle colouring is just perfect. A gorgeous card! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card . . . Love the use of black and grey with the pop of pink. Terrific stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! TaeEun this is jaw dropping beautiful!! such a stunning color combo and completely elegant!

    Have a great day!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow..stunning TaeEun love the look you created with that bkg, I need to try this out!!
    Thanks for inspiring with this wonderful eye candy!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello TaeEun: My apologies for being so late in commenting on your beautiful card, I had some family stuff to deal with.
    But I love the look of the background you created with the Yupo paper and alcohol inks, I've heard of this technique and seen a couple of videos but never tried it. Your card just inspired me to do this, so thank you.
    Your focal flower done in vellum really stands out with the glimmer paper behind it, just lovely.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your creative background and your pink bloom is stunning! Your silver heat embossing was the perfect choice for this design, too! Another stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo fabulous Tae-Eun ! I love the dramatic background (must have a go with my Yupo paper when I get a chance) and such pretty delicate flower here too. So sorry I am late commenting this time ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this is fabulous! So dramatic and striking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the black background with the pink bloom. You said it isn't typical but it sure works! I may have to CASE this one! I have never heard of Yupo paper either! Have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!