Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Have a Lovely Day

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful week so far! 

Today I've made a card using the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #225. It will be a last-minute entry :).
I saw a square frame on the sketch and some flowers peeking out from it. 

This is what I came up with!


First I've made a cutting file for the square frame welded with a vertical line. The anemones are from Fresh Cut Anemones Coordinating Outlines stamp set from The Ton. I stamped the anemone flowers in Tattered Rose and the leaves in Twisted Citron DI on Canson watercolor paper and colored them. I used Color Burst Peony for the flowers and Gansai Tambi watercolor for the leaves and the flower center. I cut them all with coordinating dies. I cut the frame from some watercolor paper with my Cricut and colored it with  Color Burst Peony too. On my black card base I gold heat embossed the sentiment, from Fresh Cut Anemones Coordinating Outlines as well, and added some gold splatters (I drew them with my brush- so it's faux splatter :))


I then assembled all the elements together. One leave was glued flat on the card base and the frame along with arranged florals was mounted with some foam adhesives. I added the purple stamen using a glaze pen. 


I want to link this up at Addicted to Stamps and More #246 as well, as they have a Anything Goes week!


Kylie reminded me of the Happy Little Stampers June Watercolor challenge. I'll enter this into HLS June Watercolor challenge- Anything Goes as well :)! 



Thank you so much for looking! 
Wishing you all a lovely day! 
TaeEun

14 comments:

  1. Amazing work! Genius design & your watercoloring is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Beautiful water colouring, inspired choice of using black for the card. I love the framing of the flower. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the black background forming such a beautiful contrast against those spectacularly colored flowers.. and the frame too, so perfect!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful! love the colors - looks like a winner to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea using this sketch TaeEun and I adore the pink flowers with the black background, and the touches of gold go beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This could be my newest favorite, TaeEun ... thank you for gracing our gallery with this beauty... xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was getting ready to leave you some love here and checked CTS gallery...CONGRATS on your well-deserved win, TaeEun! This card is absolutely GORGEOUS! Honestly, I think you are the 'Queen' of floral designs and you've done an amazing job on this sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win petal, totally deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win, TaeEun! I'm sorry that I missed this earlier, but I'm happy to see you as a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! Love the colours and your faux splats :) You should also enter this over at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!
    http://www.happylittlestampers.com/search/label/Watercolour%20Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. A well deserved win - this is stunning! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the combination of pink and black, and the blending effect is stunning.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More! Martina DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely getting out my black paper, TaeEun. Those bright anemones on the black background are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!