Thursday, July 20, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Splatter

Hello everyone! 

It's Seize the Birthday Thursday again! The new Toppings option for next fortnight is SPLATTER! 


I used a negative die cut panel from my stash. I needed white greenery die cuts for my previous cards and this negative panel has been sitting since then. 
The greenery die is from Petal Cut Peonies Standalone dies by The Ton.


I made a watercolor panel only by splattering Gansai Tambi watercolors. I used sieve and old toothbrush for the fine splatters, and made the bigger droplets by tapping the brush. After the ombre green splatter panel was dry I added gold splatters using Finetec gold watercolor. I then foam mounted the front panel. The sentiment is from Penned Sentiments. I gold heat embossed it on a strip of black cardstock with a mat in gold which was made by adhering some Adhesive Foil paper gold on some white cardstock. To finish off I added some black and gold enamel dots. I was thinking about adding some blending on the upper edge of the panel but decided to leave it as it is :).


I'm glad I could use this negative die cut panel from my stash! I think it turned out pretty :)

Now its your turn to play along! Please stop by Seize the Birthday blog for more inspirations from my team mates and our Surprise Party Guest Lindsey from Bashful Blogging!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Have a crafty day!
Hugs,
TaeEun

18 comments:

  1. WOW is this ever a pretty card and great way to make two from one die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unique use of splatters - very cool card too

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card TaeEun!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use the leftover, TaeEun, and the background shows through beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, TaeEun! Pretty, and pretty clever to use [and save] that negative cut!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. This mass of die cute leaves work beautifully and the green is enhanced so prettily with the added spattering in green and gold which really makes it pop. Such a great design TaeEun. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. TaeEun, I have had a note on my desk for over a month to make a cover plate using a negative die! You have really inspired me to do this now! The splatter beneath the panel is a brilliant idea! Such a joy coming to your blog! Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how pretty! I love how you created different sizes on your splatters and that they are behind the negative die cut leaves...Another beautiful card, TaeEun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TaeEun, I absolutely love this! The delicate branches, use of negative space, elegant sentiment, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever and very unique way to do splatters. The die is perfect for this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever idea!! I love the way you added dimension with your splatters in the negative space! brilliant Tae Eun!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I The background to the negative die cut panel is perfect. I really wish I could think ahead like that when I'm die cutting, to get a two-for-one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning! I love that you used the negative of the die. The splatter is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card TaeEun! Love the added gold specks in your splatter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! But I can't figure out how it's put together. What does the inside and the back look like? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The inside and the back of the card look quite normal. The colored panel was glued on the cardbase and the white front panel from which I cut out the leaves was foam mounted on that. Hope this helps!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!