Wednesday, October 4, 2017

The Flower Challenge - Favorite Flower - 1st Anniversary

Hello everyone! 

It's October 4th (October 5th in Australia) and a new challenge has started at The Flower Challenge! It is our 13th challenge and it means The Flower Challenge is turning one!!! YAY!!! 



We are celebrating our first birthday challenge with lots of prizes !!! Stop by The Flower Challenge blog to see which awesome goodies are waiting for you :)! But before you leave, please take a look at my card for our 13th challenge : USE YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER


Magnolia is one of my favorite flowers. What an elegant messenger of Spring! 
I used Magnificent Magnolias by The Ton Stamps, one of our generous sponsors at this anniversary challenge! Thank you so much, Effie :)! 


I have stamped the magnolias in Tattered Rose DI on some white cardstock and colored them using Prismacolor pencils. I cut them out using coordinating dies and set them aside. The night blue background was created with Indigo alcohol ink and rubbing alcohol on a alcohol ink cardstock. I added white splatters using Snow cap. After I tried several arrangements of magnolias I decided to use a larger cardbase than A2. The gray cardbase is 6"x 4.75". As a frame for my alcohol ink panel I add a mat of white panel on the edges of which I adhered Adhesive glitter paper glossy fine silver. I glued the alcohol ink panel flat and slightly tilted on the gray cardbase. I then arranged my magnolias on it. I used foam adhesive to mount the flowers for some dimension.


As I didn't want to cover my card with sentiment, I made a vellum banner using Basic Banners set by The Ton. I silver heat embossed the banner and the sentiment and cut it with coordinating die.
To finish off I added some dark blue and clear sequins.


We are so excited and looking forward to seeing lots of entries filled with gorgeous flowers in the gallery! Now hop over to The Flower Challenge blog for more inspirations! We have amazing guest designers celebrating with us too!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Hope you enjoyed my card!
Hugs,
TaeEun

14 comments:

  1. Gulp! This is amazing TaeEun, but I expected no less when I hopped onto your blog. Your colouring is breathtaking, the whole card is a knockout. LOVE the pale pink against that indigo blue sky and the glitter silver is just so pretty to finish it off. Such beauty! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card and a beautifully coloured magnolia image TaeEun and love that dark blue sky background with the white spatters for stars, and the slightly tilted angle at which you have placed it on the background card works well, and love that bit of glitter paper too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. TaeEun I love it when you put your hands, and heart on this gorgeous Magnolia set! Today is no exception - WOW this is so stunning! LOve the blue... what HAS gotten into me? must be you! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, TaeEun. I love how the background changes with the light and that banner is so fancy and elegant. And did I mention the wonderful magnolias? Your no-line coloring is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! what an amazing, incredible card mf...love the look.
    Always amazing talent from you to inspire.
    So well done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello TaeEun: I'm loving this gorgeous card, the rich and intense color of the background really makes your amazingly colored flowers shine.
    The no line coloring is one technique I'm still struggling with, it's such a beautiful way to color especially because the flowers look so real when you do it.
    I'm amazed at how fast the year has gone by and I'm loving being part of this awesome group of fabulous card makers, this has been one of the highlights of my blogging adventure.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow oh Wow! Just so amazing! How you coloured that background with alcohol ink is breath taking and those magnolias... gorgeously coloured as usual... swoon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolute stunner of a card. You've got so much detail on that flower with your pencils and it just lights up against that blue background - alcohol inks which I'm so far resisting, but with cards like this for inspiration it's so hard. How has it been a year??? xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning, amazing colouring and fabulous background x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, what a beautiful backdrop for your gorgeous magnolias! You have really out-done yourself here, TaeEun...I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous flowers I love their elegance and think its such a shame they don't bloom for longer, the background on your card really showcases their elegance thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is stunning! The perfectly colored magnolias really pop off that gorgeous blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an amazing creation Tae-Eun! the bright blue background and the pretty Magnolia flowers are such a great combo. Another super card again ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!