Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Thinking of you - Inspired by All the Little Things #67

Hello everyone! Me again :)! 

I'm trying to play along at some challenges these days :)! 

Today I'm using another new stamp set from The Ton's October Release. This is a collaboration of The Ton and EunJi. The roses from this Country Rose Cluster are designed by EunJi, and Effie created a beautiful cluster using them. EunJi has the roses on her Etsy shop DotBStamp.  For the sentiment I used the Daffodil Greetings set. (It was an incentive gift with purchase and will not be available for purchase until November 2017.)


 

I was inspired by the picture at Inspired by All the Little Things #67 (s. below). I tried to represent the soft pink (coral) roses in an autumnal atmosphere. 


I started by heat embossing the Country Rose Cluster on Canson watercolor paper in Rose Gold. I then colored the flowers using pink and gold pearl pigment mixed with watercolor. I tried to keep the image very soft. I drew the stripes using brown watercolor mixed with golden pearl and splattered the same color on the background. (The pictures don't show the shimmer.) I blended the edges with Brushed CorduroyDI and foam mounted the colored panel on a dark brown cardbase. The sentiment from Daffodil Greetings was white heat embossed on a strip of cardstock I colored in various brown and gold. I added gold foil underneath the sentiment strip and foam mounted it onto the card.
To finish off I added some sequins from I Dream in Peach Couture Mix.


It was not my usual way to color roses. And the vintage look isn't my style either. But somehow I love how it turned out :) .


Thank you so much for coming!
Have a happy day!
Hugs,
TaeEun

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh! Wow, Tae Eun. This is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just breathtaking! This is a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning take on the inspiration photo, TaeEun! I can't believe you painted those stripes! Your execution is flawless!! Thank you so much for joining us at Inspired By All the Little Things! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is gorgeous! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so soft and pretty TaeEun and I love the stripes you have made, I actually thought it was a backing paper they are so beautifully done! The brown edges and bits of brown give it a vintage feel too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As beautiful as it could ever be... vintage looks good on you!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!