Monday, July 24, 2017

Guest Designing at The Foiled Fox #2

Hello everyone! Hope you had a good start into a new week!  

This is my second guest designer post for The Foiled Fox blog! If you missed my first card, please click here. The Foiled Fox is a one stop shop for crafting, calligraphy and other art projects. The lovely ladies at Foiled Fox are theirselves crafters and know what we want and need :)! 

Today I have a monochromatic card to share with you.


I started by stamping the Full of Glee in light gray on a gray cardstock. I arranged the flowers on the lower half of my panel along with masking when needed. I then colored the flowers using a white Prismacolor pencil. I focused on the outlines and fine lines on the petals. I colored the leaves using light cool gray pencils and added shades around the image in gray as well. To add some bling I covered the flowers with Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen. I can't explain but the clear glitter gave the flowers that subtle pink tone. This is something I should remember...  I die cut the colored panel using a stitched rectangle die and cut the wavy edge of the bottom part by hand. I added a thin strip of white card stock to the wavy edge and stamped the sentiment from Happy Wishes stamp set from Penny Black in Versafine black which I clear heat embossed. I blended Black Soot DI on my black card base and brushed Perfect Pearl Biscotti over it for more shine. I foam mounted the front panel on the black card base and added some clear sequins to finish the card.


Hope you liked my monochromatic take on a great friendship :)! 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please head on over to The Foiled Fox blog for more inspiration! 

Have a wonderful week! 
Hugs,
TaeEun

5 comments:

  1. beautiful - love how the flowers turned pick with the Spectrum Noir - a happy accident!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grey, perfect pearls biscotti? a match made in Heaven - in your very talented hands! Just a gorgeous creation, TaeEun!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful white flowers TaeEun and l love the curved edge and the black coloured piece at the bottom of the card gives great contrast. Some random sequins finish it perfectly too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, that little paragraph between the two images has so much info - a small treasure, if you will! Spectacular card, TaeEun, absolutely love the monochromatic look, and all the little details in your coloring(?)! And thank you for all the explanations!!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tae Eun : ) this is so pretty!! the soft colors are beautiful! and your added shimmer give it the finishing touch!!

    Hope you are having a wonderful summer : )

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!