Thursday, August 31, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Ocean Colors

Hello everyone! 

Happy Thursday and happy last day of August  :) !!! I can't believe September is just one night away! Hope you had a great Summer! 

Today starts a new challenge at Seize the Birthday. Toppings option for next fortnight is 

OCEAN COLORS : Blue, Green and Aqua


I pulled out yummy Gel Sticks(Faber Castell) and created this ocean background.


To do embossing resist coloring I heat embossed the Wave pattern stamp by Hero Arts using Iridescent sparkle EP on a A2 sized Bristol smooth paper. I then scribbled blue and aqua metallic Gel Sticks on the panel and blended them with my finger. It looks kind of rough because of the glitter in the embossed image. But as it sparkles IRL, I like the effect. I silver heat embossed the fishes and the cat from Cat-itude by MFT on some Parchment vellum and fussy cut them all. I cut some part of the waves to put the fishes in it and glued the fishes. I slightly trimmed down the background panel and foam mounted it on a top folding cardbase. The sentiment was white heat embossed on a strip of navy cardstock and added onto the front panel. I then placed the fishes and the cat onto the card. I added a little bit of colors using colored pencils on the cat and added details using glaze pens. To create some bubbles I used Blue Lagoon and Sea Breeze Nuvo Drops.


Now it's your turn to create a birthday card using ocean colors and join us! Of course you may enter any newly created birthday card, if you want to.

Please visit Seize the Birthday blog for more inspiration projects created by my amazing team mates and our Surprise Party Guest Lindsey!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
TaeEun

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty background for the kitty. Love your card TaeEun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ombre effect on your "water" -- very cute card

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cat and sweet little fishes against that beautiful bluey green wave background TaeEun, and a great sentiment too purrrfect! Sorry I couldn't resist that...lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! What a fun way to use the fish with that fab background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo gorgeous!! I'm in love with that background that's looking so good, I am wondering how spectacular it must be looking IRL!! Love that you've used vellum for the cat and the fish, and that you've set some of the fish in the the background, that's great execution - as expected of TaeEun!! :D
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love it, TaeEun!!! that set? had to have it just for the fish! You managed to make it new again... swimmingly! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, the ombre blended colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have those gel sticks and they are still unopened! You have inspired me to give them a try! Fabulous background and card Tae! Love the cat and fish on vellum too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! and so beautifully colored!! a sweet backdrop for your fish loving cat! giggles

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool background, TaeEun! I love how you tucked the little fish into the waves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so creative, TaeEun. I love how you made the fish out of heavier vellum and tucked them into the waves

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous background! Love that you tucked the fish in to the waves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!